TV at deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV at deer lease

Have a travel trailer for the deer lease. I have Direct TV at home - what is the best way to get DT at the lease? Does DT sell a potable dish of some sort for that? I assume I need a new control box from DT? Thanks for any advice

I believe it’s called a tailgater

Used to be about 100 a month if I remember right. And pay month at a time

Comment

I have dish, 7 bucks extra a month for a wally

Comment

We use an app on our phone with an HDMI adapter.

Comment

I've used my cell phome and did screen mirror to tv using a ROKU

There's TV apps you can get on your phone that tou use your DirectTv sign in info to log in too as well

Comment

TV at the deer lease. Oh how things have change but to each their own of course.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              TV at the deer lease. Oh how things have change but to each their own of course.
              Not sure what kinda deer lease you are on....but college football with rabbit ears and now Dish has been part of my deer leases as far back as the 80s in south Texas. Lotta Longhorn and Aggies games watched back then gathered up around a small TV with fuzzy signal...especially the mid afternoon games between hunts. TV signal is much better now and the TVs are bigger and if we stay through Monday or Tuesday the Cowboys are watched, if we can catch them between or after hunts.

OP we have Dish Network. They allow one remote TV receiver on your bill. Cost me $9.99 extra a month. They ****** me off with not signing Balleys for the Rangers but I haven't found anything that cheap to have High Def TV for the Longhorns and Aggie games out in the boondocks so I keep them at my home. If not for the deer lease connection, I probably would have dropped them for something I can get the Rangers, Mavs/Stars on.

Comment

I agree with this

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an extra Directv receiver. Bought a dish and LNB off Amazon and mounted it to a pole outside my camper.

The only thing you have watch out for are your local channels. They are typically transmitted on spot beams that are based on your billing address. For example, if you live in Tyler and your lease is in Rocksprings, you won’t get local channels at the lease because your receiver won’t be able to demodulate them. It will be looking for the Tyler channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    I have an extra Directv receiver. Bought a dish and LNB off Amazon and mounted it to a pole outside my camper.

The only thing you have watch out for are your local channels. They are typically transmitted on spot beams that are based on your billing address. For example, if you live in Tyler and your lease is in Rocksprings, you won’t get local channels at the lease because your receiver won’t be able to demodulate them. It will be looking for the Tyler channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you have tried this but Dish asked me for the zip code for my remote receiver and it allows me to get San Angelo's locals in HD.

Comment

If you need any Direct tv equipment I have some since I got rid of Direct Tv. I have an HD dish with mounting bracket, a second HD dish without mounting bracket, a Genie system with the main box and two satellite boxes for other tv's, and one stand alone box with dvr. I would take anything interesting in trade and am not looking for much as far as trade value. This is a fairly new system with all the remotes.

Comment

I didn’t say it, but I sure thought it.

Who needs a Tv when you have a fire ring/circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          I didn’t say it, but I sure thought it.

Who needs a Tv when you have a fire ring/circle.

Its not difficult to use both each weekend....

Comment

There’s absolutely no better place to watch a Saturday college football rivalry game that at the deer lease with good friends and good food. I’d even argue it’s better than being at the game itself.

Prove me wrong…

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                              There’s absolutely no better place to watch a Saturday college football rivalry game that at the deer lease with good friends and good food. I’d even argue it’s better than being at the game itself.

Prove me wrong…

This man knows!

Comment

Working...
                              X