Colorado Elk Draw Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Elk Draw Tags

As more and more units are going to draw I hope the Colorado residents start enjoying license increases.

We'll be alright

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
      We'll be alright
      You hunt in Texas?

Comment

Back in the 80’s I hunted in New Mexico 3 times. I felt like I should support the state and I joined the New Mexico Bowhunters Association.

For three years 80% of the news letter was about keeping out of state hunters from hunting in New Mexico. A judge stated that they could not keep out of state hunters out but they could raise fees so that they paid 80% or more of the fees.

Archery mule deer tags went from $30 to $90. I think the elk tags went from around $250 to $600-700 if I remember correctly.

I understand that the animals are regulated by the state even though most hunting is done on federal land and I know at the time I paid more federal taxes than most New Mexicans.

What really torqued me was oryx tags for residents were 10 times lower and the hunt is on a federal military base.

I had two young kids and they priced me out.

I’m too old to climb any longer now that I have the cash.

I hope the residents eventually choke on higher license fees.
        Last edited by M.E.B.; 01-30-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

You sound disgruntled. You could have moved to new Mexico if you wanted cheap oryx tags.

Comment

You sound disgruntled. You could have moved to new Mexico if you wanted cheap oryx tags.
            Not disgruntled. I was ******.

I’m sure most Texans welcome you here. Suggest places to go etc.

I did what New Mexicans wanted. I quit hunting there. They should be happy.

I truly hope you guys get your wish of less out of state hunters and it costs you more money just as New Mexicans wished upon me. I want no more than what was done to me.

Comment

It’ll always be an issue between resident and NR in the western states. Y’all don’t want NRs hunting “yalls” animals. And we gripe about the price and lack of tags we are given compared to residents. Texas is very friendly to non residents. And you can’t say much about our draw tags. Cuz we can’t even draw them

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                It’ll always be an issue between resident and NR in the western states. Y’all don’t want NRs hunting “yalls” animals. And we gripe about the price and lack of tags we are given compared to residents. Texas is very friendly to non residents. And you can’t say much about our draw tags. Cuz we can’t even draw them
                Especially when the TPWD complain that there are too many nilgai and instead of increasing hunts they kill them from helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                  Especially when the TPWD complain that there are too many nilgai and instead of increasing hunts they kill them from helicopters.
                  Big time hacked off about that. AND the Sambar

Comment

I'm not aware of any state that gives nonresidents and residents the same amount of tags. I'm also not aware of any state where resident and nonresident tags are the same price. The reason Colorado is making more units draw is because over the counter is not sustainable for the future of the elk herd. You cannot have unlimited pressure on a finite resource.

Comment

I'm not aware of any state that gives nonresidents and residents the same amount of tags. I'm also not aware of any state where resident and nonresident tags are the same price. The reason Colorado is making more units draw is because over the counter is not sustainable for the future of the elk herd. You cannot have unlimited pressure on a finite resource.
                      I fully understand conservation.

It’s also irritating when you are hunting federal land and are being regulated to fewer and more expensive tags.

But it’s really upsetting when you get RMEF requests for donations and the state hunting organizations are straight up publishing material stating they are doing everything possible to keep you out.

Comment

Wolves may take care of any excess in your elk herd.

Comment

At least Colorado isn’t as bad as Idaho in kicking out NR Hunters
                          And such

Comment

It’s about to get worse for the NR hunter. When Wyoming goes from 16% of tags to NR to 10%, it’s going to be harder for us. This is going to happen soon. Enjoy hunting out of state every year while you can.

Comment

I truly worry about my kids’ opportunities to hunt in the future. You see draw odds going down every year. NR tags being reduced. Then look at Texas. Land getting fragmented every day. Rising costs. I fear a full trophy room in the future will be directly reflective of one’s bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X