Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bucks Have Started Scraping Hard !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
    Its a young one. Mama is usually right there defending it. Not sure where she was that night. Probably close by.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Mama is mad, go get ‘em girl!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
      Not to highjack but I've been giving some thought to making a mock scrape. How well have those worked out for you in the past?
      It works pretty good. Use a drip over the scrape. Any type of attractant will work, just experiment and see what the bucks like. Use anything from vanilla, to urine, to store bought attractants.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        It works pretty good. Use a drip over the scrape. Any type of attractant will work, just experiment and see what the bucks like. Use anything from vanilla, to urine, to store bought attractants.
        Nice. I've been thinking about trying that this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          Give this a try. Hang a vine or a limb to create a mock scrape. It's easy and it works. Here are a couple that I recently hung.

The first one is under a huge hedge tree. This tree is in a small food plot. This tree always has two or three scrapes under the overhanging limbs. This is the first year I have hung a branch here. I just cut about a 1" hedge branch drilled a hole in it, put a zip tie thru the hole and hung it with wire. I hang the branch to where the bottom of the branch is about waist high.

The second one is along a well used trail to an area where I have been feeding sweet feed and protein this summer. This area already has the real scrapes that I mentioned in the post above along the side of the bean field about 50-60 yards from where I hung this grape vine.

Some guys use hemp rope, but if you put a camera on it you will get a lot of pictures of the rope swinging in the wind. A branch or vine may cause blank pictures also of they are hung in windy areas, but much less than a rope.

You can use scent but you really don't need it. The deer will find it and scent it up better than what you can apply. Maybe pee in it when you first hang it then leave it alone.

BTW.....don't use a poison oak vine. The deer won't mind but you will.[emoji106]

Here is a video that explains the process.

https://youtu.be/n2tHVuyC6Dk

Comment

Very neat. It’s almost time for your 2021-2022 thread to pop up.

Comment

I was actually just checking if the 2021-2022 season thread had started yet. Last years was one of my favorites to follow

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
                I was actually just checking if the 2021-2022 season thread had started yet. Last years was one of my favorites to follow
                Our season opens Friday. I usually don't start hunting until about October 20th. I normally hunt at least one sit most every day from about October 20th thru Thanksgiving. I don't want to get worn out before it gets really good.[emoji1] The action really heats up between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

I might do a few evening sits on some field edges in the next couple of weeks. I will start a new 2021 thread when it starts getting good.[emoji106]

Comment

I just saw the vine/stick trick on Youtube the other day. Definitely going to try it this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X