Almost burned the ranch up today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost burned the ranch up today

Rainy and still this morning so we lit off a burn pit. 5 hours later I look out the window and see the pasture on fire.

Got it out, but it was way too dang close for comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jason Fry; 10-02-2021, 06:48 PM.

Dang that could have been real bad

Comment

Dang glad you caught it before it got out of hand

Comment

Scary....but at least you'll have a good green yard next spring [emoji108]

Comment

wow!

Comment

Need to burn a little more often so the pit won't be quite so full.

Comment

Been there done that!

Comment

Ya strike the iron when the fire's hot!!

Comment

We almost did that twice. One time we did light a buddy's pasture on fire. Then it turned into a circus. It's kind of a long story, it was funny after it was over, but we were worried the fire was going to burn down the house he just bought.

The second time, was at my house, again we were sure there was nothing that could catch on fire, anywhere near the fire. But like the first time, we built a big enough fire, that it made a lot of wind and things got crazy, we almost lit off a bunch of big oaks and cedar trees. Had we done so, it would have been a big mess and many hundreds of acers burnt. Luckily we got the fire tamed down before it lit those trees off. The fire was at least 20 yards, probably more like 25 yards from the edge of that tree line. But the wind made by that fire, bent the flames over to within feet of the tops of those trees.

Then I quickly discovered the neighbor's Dalmatian turned my water hose into a sprinkler hose.

I would imagine being out there a long ways from a fire hydrant or source of water, was not any fun. At least it was mainly grass that was burning and not mesquite trees. Good thing you got the fire out.

Comment

Too close for comfort.

Comment

Working...
                    X