Hagerman Segment C Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Segment C Thread

Hey there fellow Hagerman Seg C(December 3-5) bow hunters. Congrats to all of us for drawing the hunt. Not sure how this hint goes, and never even been on the property. But I really enjoy camping and sharing stories with fellow hunters. Where does everyone typically camp for the weekend? I’d enjoy having a bunch of us DIY hunters in camp together to help each other drag all our bucks out!!

Cheers, Graham VanDusen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did tex parks and wildlife already draw for all of the Hagerman segments

Comment

I believe so.

I got the email yesterday that I drew Dec. 3-5th.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
        Did tex parks and wildlife already draw for all of the Hagerman segments

Yes. If drawn you should have recvd an email, but still worth checking on TPWD website, where you can check the status of your application. Go into "Drawn Hunts", then choose "Check Status" and enter your info. Right now it would show as either "Won" or "Pending 2nd Draw".

Pending 2nd Draw is where they release spots from anyone who won but didn't pay for permit by Sept 11. So still a possibility but very very small.

Comment

I'm in. A buddy and I will be there for the first time. Not sure where we will be staying, hoping for input on that. Also, I'm working on scheduling a bowhunter ed field day in Tyler if anyone is needing the certification

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            I'm in. A buddy and I will be there for the first time. Not sure where we will be staying, hoping for input on that. Also, I'm working on scheduling a bowhunter ed field day in Tyler if anyone is needing the certification

Looks like there are some campgrounds around the lake. Probably try and stay at the closest one. So there is power and electricity.

I’ve never been there before. So hoping I can get there and scout for a day soon.

Comment

You might get more interest / participation in the public hunting forum...good luck out there this year!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

There are two campgrounds I'd recommend. On the east side of Texoma, Paradise Cove. It's just a short drive to the HQ, long drive at 20mph to two of the units.

West side, Big Mineral, not the nicer of the two. It's a long drive to the HQ, not too bad of a drive from Sandy/Godwin.

Just realize, as far as I know as in years past, you must physically check in at HQ each morning. Check out is via web app, or call in. Keep that in mind.

I've also heard that Paradise Cove is strict on "group camp", i.e. trucks on grass, number of folks/vehicles.

Comment

I'm in for C. It's only 20-25 minutes from the house.

Comment

Me and a buddy are in for C as well! This will be my first time on the Hagerman.

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
                        Yes. If drawn you should have recvd an email, but still worth checking on TPWD website, where you can check the status of your application. Go into "Drawn Hunts", then choose "Check Status" and enter your info. Right now it would show as either "Won" or "Pending 2nd Draw".

Pending 2nd Draw is where they release spots from anyone who won but didn't pay for permit by Sept 11. So still a possibility but very very small.

That slim possibility on 2nd draw is how my neighbor drew this hunt. Lucky dog.

Comment

Looking forward to getting out there in Segment C. Congratulations to all those drawn.

Comment

I still have 2 campsites open for segment C. I have 4 for A and B. No charge. Full hookups , 30 amp. Nice campsite.

Comment

BH Ed class in Tyler Friday at 9am

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X