ILF Limb Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILF Limb Overhaul

I have a set of prototype ILF limbs, that I absolutely love. Only problem with them was the rocker plates were out of speck (to long), and the torque was constantly causing the rockers to crack loose from the limbs at the glue joints.

I finally removed the rockers, and cut them down (shortened them) to be closer to ILF spec, and I also dovetailed the limb butts so the limbs will now fit on any ILF riser.

The problem with that was, shortening the rockers reduced the draw weight to a point where I did not want to use them.

I just finished shimming the limb bolts on the riser in order to torque the limbs down a bit while still maintaining some gap/slack as to not over torque them.

That brought the draw weight back real close to what the limbs originally were at 62# @ my draw, and they are a dream/smooth to draw.

At 62# they out perform my 66# Tradtech carbon/wood limbs by 11 fps with the same arrow. I'm satisfied/happy.

Care to guess the make?

Rick

Samick???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bigfoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
        Bigfoot

Yep.

Rick

Comment

I saw one his longbows the other day for sale very reasonably priced but we just spent 3000$ on dental work and had to pass.

Comment

If Kirk Lavender ever starts building his Super Statics to true ILF specs, he'll be a giant in the market.

Rick

Comment

Working...
            X