KJO or Extreme Bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
    The prices on exotics at the auction barns are skyrocketing and fallow and mouflon are 2 of the ones that are going up the most. A lot of the rifle ranches are buying up all the stock and the archery-only ranches can't compete with their prices.
    I guess that makes sense. But why fallow deer? Are they just that high in demand? I figured it would be axis or maybe even blackbucks but I never thought it would be fallow.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVhunter23 View Post
      I guess that makes sense. But why fallow deer? Are they just that high in demand? I figured it would be axis or maybe even blackbucks but I never thought it would be fallow.
      I'm not sure. It seems every exotic ranch I look at, the fallow are always higher than axis or blackbuck.

Comment

what about Hogs at Extreme Or KJO. I'm defiantly going to set up something. Shooting for March 2015 if openings. Any PMs on either place by fellas who have hunted them would be appreciated. It's 20+ hour drive for us. I'm looking to set up another Wounded Warrior Bowhunt & since it's at my expense trying to get as much information as possible b/4 making the commitment. I took 2 last year to a place in Ok. & it was a great time for the 2 WWs & the other 5 hunters.
        Attached Files

Comment

Pm me your info hunter55. I'm not allowed to pm yet.

Comment

ahunter55, when we were there we did not take any hogs. My hunting partner had a big boar come in during the day, but it did not give hime a shot. I had 3 hogs come in very late on my evening set and could not make a good shot before caleb came in with the ATV to pick me up (I needed about 45 more seconds) That said we seen several driving around and if you talk to Caleb in advance you can get the OK to hunt at night. This go around I am taking my night vision and I have a CAT 250 predator light monted on my bow. So if all goes well we will be able to get a few hogs too. Enjoy wherever you go and thank you for helping those WW....Keep up the great work

Comment

thanks. pm to turkeykiller. Anyone else?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Two questions about KJO's new property.

1). How big is it?
                  2). Can hogs be killed during an exotic hunt? They are not mentioned on the new site.

Comment

It's 500 acres
                    Didn't see any hogs on the place when I was there last week and Keith said there really aren't any hogs to speak of.

Comment

I was there this past weekend and was told it was 800 acres, but I will admit it felt much smaller like 500 or less. I didn't ever see or hear any hogs when I was there.

Comment

Extreme is the way to go. Been there and left a deposit for the next trip!!

Comment

I've sent Extreme a deposit for March 16th for me & G-son. G-son lives 3 hours away & is 15. He called me this evening & said G-Pa, I "JUST" shot a Buck 1 min. ago. He said he was shaking & I could hear the excitement in his voice & his breathing. Modern tech let me share in his excitement & pics will be later. His Dad say's maybe 4 1/2 big body, good mass 7 point. 22 yd shot, lungs, complete penetration & dropped 30 yds away.

Comment

I would recommend a 4 day hunt at extreme. I did a two day hunt with some buddies and they all said if they had a couple more days they could have gotten the job done. I was lucky enough to take a nice aoudad though and we all saw animals. Not all shooters, but personally I saw three shooters over the two days. I posted the full thread in rate the day lease but here is a pic. We are also going back for a 4 day hunt next year!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Has anybody been back to Extreme in the past year or so?

Comment

Working...
                              X