Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising some money to help out a young man in a bad situation

Mods please delete if not allowed.

As I’ve shared before I am a sober alcoholic so I have a heart for this young man in this situation because I know that if my life were not under control this could have easily been either of my boys one day....

I am a select baseball coach and have a very good friend who’s sister in law and 15 year old son are moving down to live with him and his family to escape an abusive alcoholic father. The kid is a great kid and has had to be the man of the house for a while due to his father being incapable. It has gotten to the point where they had to escape the situation. The young man is a stud ball player and my buddy reached out to me to see if I could help get him some normalcy immediately with them coming down here. I was able to get the kid a late spot on my team for the summer. My friend will be supporting them along with his family so money is going to be a bit tight, so I happily took on the responsibility of helping to raise the kids dues for the summer. I have over half covered by a generous friend and we’re going to be helping cover the uniform fee. I am trying to raise an additional $830 to help pay the remainder of the dues. We’re going to be able to keep any travel expenses down because he will stay with me when out of town.

I understand that some of you will think that youth sports cost is ridiculous and/or unnecessary but I am doing my best to figure out how to give him something else to focus on rather than the hand he has been dealt right now. Please PM me if you have a desire or ability to help. Thanks for looking guys as always I appreciate the family we have here.

PM sent. KJ

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
      PM sent. KJ
      Thank you sir! Received and just returned. Happy Easter!

Comment

Good stuff here. Hope all goes well. I remember the cost of select baseball. Worth the investment...got me a college degree. I can't help right now, but prayers your way bud. Hope it all works out. You're doing good things.

Comment

How do we get you the money? PayPal?

Comment

Ill help. Sports are a great way to move away from something like that. I did when I was 13, baseball was a great release or getaway for me. Been there and done it.

Comment

Also, I am happy to help folks down on their luck, and I admire and appreciate you helping this kid out. Don’t take this wrong, but I usually want to know the person I send money to, or at least their full name...just in case I have to chase them down, and you don’t have your last name in your profile!

Comment

Do you have a Paypal? Venmo? I’ll help. Baseball is without a doubt what kept me on the straight and narrow, I’d be glad to help give the kid the same chance.

Comment

Also, I am happy to help folks down on their luck, and I admire and appreciate you helping this kid out. Don’t take this wrong, but I usually want to know the person I send money to, or at least their full name...just in case I have to chase them down, and you don’t have your last name in your profile!

Never even looked at that. Nice job policing Burnadell!
                  OP, im still willing to help. Give us more info, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                    Never even looked at that. Nice job policing Burnadell!
                    OP, im still willing to help. Give us more info, please!
                    No problem! Always wanted to be a cop! Glen is my hero!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Yes sir absolutely. My name is Evan Mayeux. We live in Waco- I’m married to a wonderful woman who literally saved my life along the way and proud father to 2 sons, 4 and 1. Feel free to drop me a line and ask any questions you might have about me or the situation. I did not mention the young mans name to protect him publicly. Let me know what else you guys would like to know and I am more than happy to share. Thank you.

We are using my wife’s PayPal as I don’t have one. She also has Venmo. Thanks guys.
                      Last edited by em12; 04-18-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

This is my family so you have a face with a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM me a snail mail address please... I am wanting to help but don't have payment apps.

Comment

Evan, tell me how to transfer you money.

Comment

Walking in to whiffle ball/movie tball game night for the 4 year old. I’ll be out of pocket for a few hours and will catch up later this evening. Thank you gentleman.

Comment

Working...
                              X