Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
    Just saw this.... I was picking up parts for my super air a few weeks ago and they mentioned you can option out a 20' G25 for over 300 now.

Ya it is crazy!! I am pretty sure the new X24's and XStars are right there as well. Makes my little XT23 look like a ford fiesta or something.

Comment

I seen on the news this morning that GBRA is considering a plan to drain or lower the remaining lakes on the Guadalupe due to safety concerns. Lake McQueeny, Lake Placid, Meadow Lake and Lake Gonzales. I wonder if they will remove the dams and let the river naturally flow again? Most of those lakes are full of silt from runoff over the years and it will be a muddy mess for years.

I hate to see that as I have fished all those lakes except for McQueeny, which was blocked for public access years ago by the residents around the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I seen on the news this morning that GBRA is considering a plan to drain or lower the remaining lakes on the Guadalupe due to safety concerns. Lake McQueeny, Lake Placid, Meadow Lake and Lake Gonzales. I wonder if they will remove the dams and let the river naturally flow again? Most of those lakes are full of silt from runoff over the years and it will be a muddy mess for years.
        Don't hold your breath. I'd wager they'll, at most, check the remaining dams, and then let the lakes fill back up.

Comment

So what happened to that billionaire with the screaming kids? He take’em to Schlitterban?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            So what happened to that billionaire with the screaming kids? He take’em to Schlitterban?

Two months after a dam failure led to the draining of Lake Dunlap, the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority will consider purposely draining four more lakes due to safety concerns.

Lol, I dont think he had the pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

He must like it dry.. If he even exists..

Comment

Gbra should fire everyone from the janitor up to let the dams get into these kinds. of conditions where they are going to have to drain all the lakes

Comment

Article in the paper this morning says they are thinking of draining all the remaining lakes to facilitate inspection and repair, but also mentioned that they might be held liable for any damage/injury/death if another dam should fail.

What I want to see is the adjustment on lakeside property values in Comal county due to the Dunlap Dam failure---should be substantial for sure.

Comment

Any update on these lakes from the locals ?

Comment

I live on it. Supposed to start construction on the new dam here real soon. I’m probably in the minority on this one but I really enjoy it just being the Guadalupe River and not a lake, kinda wish they’d leave the existing dam as is.

Comment

I’m not surprised. Total moron running LCRA...

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          I live on it. Supposed to start construction on the new dam here real soon. I’m probably in the minority on this one but I really enjoy it just being the Guadalupe River and not a lake, kinda wish they’d leave the existing dam as is.
                          Is that because all the boat traffic ? Are people still able to enjoy the river now?

Comment

Sorry, now whose the moron...the GBRA

Comment

Water Development Board is loaning GBRA $40mil to fix it

Comment

Working...
                              X