No announcement yet.

Kidney Stone ! help,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Pepper is a huge contributor of kidney stones. Avoid it!!!

Comment

Guys it is simple.......less dark carbonated sugar drinks and more clear liquids AKA water!

I don't know anyone who drinks water only who has ever gotten them. The 3-4 people I know who got them drank cokes, sugary drinks, and coffee

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Guys it is simple.......less dark carbonated sugar drinks and more clear liquids AKA water!

I don't know anyone who drinks water only who has ever gotten them. The 3-4 people I know who got them drank cokes, sugary drinks, and coffee

Ain't that simple. There are three different types of stones that can form, and some causes have nothing to do with diet.

Comment

Oh man, wait til you pass it from kidney to bladder. That's the worst. oooo weeee I feel sorry for you. Gonna hurt like hell. At least you can say you've done it

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
            Dr. Pepper is a huge contributor of kidney stones. Avoid it!!!
            This has got to be untrue. I drink DP with Crown almost every day and I don't feel a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              This has got to be untrue. I drink DP with Crown almost every day and I don't feel a thing.
              Your urethra is mighty.

Comment

I get one per year....they suck, but only for a day or so, have to go er every time. Good drugs and fluids...once it's out of your tube and in your bladder is when the pain stops...I have had 12 stones...passing them out your junk isn't painful usually.
                Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 01-21-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                  I get one per year....they suck, but only for a day or so, have to go er every time. Good drugs and fluids...once it's out of your tube and in your bladder is when the pain stops...I have had 12 stones...padding them out your junk isn't painful usually.
                  Do you keep them as mementos?

Comment

Dark soda Is bad...but I am genetically inclined to getting stones, thanks to my late grandpa..

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                      Do you keep them as mementos?
                      Um no...but I did pee one out on my last Navy ship, was the size of a kernel of corn with spikes on it...ouchy...yes I fished it out of the pisser...

Comment

Had one in my bladder this past summer. I thought I was slowly dying. Worst pain I've ever been though and I typically have a pretty high pain tolerance. Drank lots of water and flushed it a day later. Don't hardly feel it coming out but when that things floating around inside of you it hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by txusnavychief View Post
                          um no...but i did pee one out on my last navy ship, was the size of a kernel of corn with spikes on it...ouchy...yes i fished it out of the pisser...
                          lmao!!

Comment

People who drink alcohol are less likely to get them is what a doc told me. Cirrhosis of the liver may kill the drinker, but less likely to get stones. They suck. I have been to the ER three times with them. Drink lemonade everyday as preventive maintenance. No kidding

Comment

Tried to avoid the emergency room visit by soaking in a hot bath and then a heating pad but around midnight that night I was in so much pain I was puking....my advice is always go to er....after 12 stones I am an expert self diagnoser, after I tell the doctor I have had 12 and these are the symptoms they already know..lol

Comment

Lemon in your water helps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X