Reminder to be careful in the stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder to be careful in the stand

Jasper County Sheriff Mitchel Newman says his office is investigating the death of a hunter to determine if he fell out of a deer stand or died in some other way. He says there's no sign of foul play. Newman says family members of Gary James Louvier, 58, of Port Arthur, became concerned when he didn't return home. They went to check on him early Thursday evening. Newman said they discovered his body at the base of the deer stand in a wooded area off of County Road 337 in the Erin Community.

I'm so far back, they'd have to wait for the buzzards to find my carcass.

Comment

Last week I looked at my harness and thought nah I will be in the tripod. This week I will be wearing it after I push the tripod into the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just sit on the ground after an incident. I fall asleep in the stand often. Doesn’t hurt much when I fall off a chair

Comment

I know the guys son sad deal.

Comment

I use the double bull ground blinds they work great. Stay safe guys and really think about the ground not a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I just sit on the ground after an incident. I fall asleep in the stand often. Doesn’t hurt much when I fall off a chair
              Just my forehead when I hit the window frame

Comment

Yep, after having a tripod collapse under me at 12 foot up, I've been a ground-dweller... Dear friend of mine fell asleep and fell out of his ladder stand and was killed... That was a horrible, horrible deal... If you climb, use a harness from the time your foot leaves the ground until you're safely back on the ground!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  I use the double bull ground blinds they work great. Stay safe guys and really think about the ground not a tree.
                  Ever have "no shoulders" come visit?

Comment

Working...
                  X