No announcement yet.

Fence line hunting - help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw a couple of beer cans in there along with a few cig butts and candy wrappers. That will really **** off the owner!

Comment

Cross the fence and go hit on the guys wife. That’ll show him.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
        If a barb wire fence pull the top and bottom strands together to the middle strand. Making an easy high and low point for the deer to cross. They will use this spot a lot and you will enjoy seeing your work get used daily.

If it’s in East Texas put a hog light there and snipe the piggy’s coming through.
        I actually did this in one area earlier this summer. The fences are in rough shape, but in areas still relatively high. I used wire and did exactly what you said and deer have been using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
          Set up two game cameras, that way you have yourself ON camera when you steal the camera......
          And post grainy hard to identify picture of camera “thief” on TBH?

Comment

Picture of stand (in background). The fence line is 10 yards or so into cedars on left. This is an older picture. We trimmed back some of the Cedars and due to the hogs we no longer get the food plot looking this good. Someone asked for pictures of harvested animals from the stand now that I get thinking about it we haven’t even really hunted to stand in the last couple years def haven’t killed anything worthy of posting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53A3C175-E791-4113-A925-36D54A7C3501.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	24629446

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
              Set up two game cameras, that way you have yourself ON camera when you steal the camera......
              This is awesome!

Comment

Set up a blind directly on the other side of the fence and a feeder on the other side too just for goods measure.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                  Maybe try hunting it at night?
                  Well played!

Comment

The game plan to make fence-line stand fun again....
                    1. Post no trespassing signs on fence line
                    2. Set up old ladder stand right across fence
                    3. Source pics of big buck from some place that actually has big bucks. Convinced myself this is my “target buck”. Give “target buck” a silly name like Mr. November, The Ghost or Fluffhead.
                    4. Have nephew drive truck up and down fence line opening morning with radio loud. Type of music TBD.
                    5. Have nephew rip off a shot right at dawn from ladder stand and every 30 minutes after that.
                    6. Pull camera and discover grainy pics of an unknown interloper near my stand. Acknowledge no “new pics” of “target buck”
                    7. Come into TBH and melt about neighbor.
                    8. Spend rest of November deploying the usual fence-line tricks.

Thank you guys. I look forward to this season now!

Comment

Get in the stand and then call the game warden on yourself.

Comment

If it is a box stand, put a real low chair in it and screw the window shut.

Best of all........HIGH FENCE THE FEEDER

Comment

Take your girlfriend on a night hunt and hope you don't see anything, that should put some fun back in it.

Comment

Personally, I would shoot a deer on the opposite side of the fence and then not call myself to ask permission to cross the fence and get my deer.

Comment

Put up a high fence. That’ll teach that sum buck.

Comment

Make a new person hunt it and when they shoot something have your game warden buddy ras them bullets crossing fence lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X