No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, now just gotta get my license and pay the fee and I’m ready. When can we put feeders up again?

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
      Thanks guys, now just gotta get my license and pay the fee and I’m ready. When can we put feeders up again?

Right after you get your permit if you follow the rules. See you Wednesday morning if you’re going then.

Comment

This is my first time being drawn for Georgetown hunt. I have a few questions based off my observations from scouting.

Is the lake always this busy on saturday/sunday? it seems like from about 9:30am to sunset there is people everywhere on the main trail, on the lake or at the parks. Im hoping this is just a summer trend and not a nothing else to do but go to the lake because of covid trend.

The deer don't seem to be scared of humans or dogs for that matter. Every deer iv seen seems pretty unfazed of my presence. Does this behavior change at all once hunting pressure ramps up?

Comment

Turbo. This year the lake is busy. The deer are suburban deer and use to people. If they smell you and can’t see you they know hunting pressure. This year the lake is busier than ever. And I mean like 5 times the amount of pressure. It the Covid deal. Everything else is closed or slow by Corona. I haven’t hunted the lake in 5 years but when I did it was like any other public. Gotta find someplace hard to get to and get there early and hunt long.

Comment

FYI!! It’s raining here. Go figure, haha

Comment

Took awhile to get permit because of covid and only 1 person allowed inside at a time.

Set up my camera and flagged my area with orange surveyors tape and threw done a few pounds of corn.
              Attached Files

Comment

Are we required to write a name and phone # next to permit #? If not, why do you guys do it? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                  Are we required to write a name and phone # next to permit #? If not, why do you guys do it? Just curious.
                  Just permit number I believe. Not sure why you would put your public info out for any yahoo to find. If you have a beef with another's set up you can give the permit # to the office and they can hook you up.

I have heard of leaving your contact info on the neighboring setup so yall can coordinate and not walk through/ruin hunts, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always done it. Never had anyone call me. Plus I am hidden where no one can find me. Lol
                    Last edited by topduarte; 09-02-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                        Took awhile to get permit because of covid and only 1 person allowed inside at a time.

Set up my camera and flagged my area with orange surveyors tape and threw done a few pounds of corn.

Hey I think I may have talked to you this morning. Urban camo mask guy.

Comment

Looks promising!

Comment

Is this another error? I thought the season started on Oct. 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                              Hey I think I may have talked to you this morning. Urban camo mask guy.
                              We sure did. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                                We sure did. Good luck

Same to you brother have a good one let me know if you get anything and need assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X