This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    I think 9-3 is a possibility. I like our Dline controlling the line of scrimmage and Mond should take another big step. Jimbo is hinting that he (Mond) should have a big year. I’m gonna drink the Koolaid and say we beat 2 of the big 4 on our schedule and drop a game we should have won on paper like a Miss St or Auburn or Ole Miss. GigEm and BTHOof8-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still don't see Mond as the guy. I hope I'm wrong, he just doesn't have the consistency and fire that seems to be present in an athlete at his level leading a team with these kind of expectations. Watching old games for the last week or two has shown a lot of passes that were behind the receivers - but catchable, along with a lot of times he hit them in that hands and the receivers just dropped the ball. Way too many of the long passes were just no where close to being on target.

There are a couple really good QBs on the sideline right now that I'd like to see play. We should have the Tx State Bobcats well under control week one so maybe Calzada and/or Foster will get a chance. It will take Mond having a REALLY bad game for those guys to get a real shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
      I still don't see Mond as the guy. I hope I'm wrong, he just doesn't have the consistency and fire that seems to be present in an athlete at his level leading a team with these kind of expectations. Watching old games for the last week or two has shown a lot of passes that were behind the receivers - but catchable, along with a lot of times he hit them in that hands and the receivers just dropped the ball. Way too many of the long passes were just no where close to being on target.

There are a couple really good QBs on the sideline right now that I'd like to see play. We should have the Tx State Bobcats well under control week one so maybe Calzada and/or Foster will get a chance. It will take Mond having a REALLY bad game for those guys to get a real shot though.
      Mond showed flashes, and was certainly MUCH improved over his freshman season...as you would expect. If he continues to improve, I think he has what it takes to win big. Honestly, I'm ready for stability at the position and hope Mond proves to be the guy for the next two seasons. Keep in mind the Ags haven't had the same opening day starter since Manziel's freshman/sophomore campaigns (Hill (SO), Allen (FR), Knight(SR), Starkel(FR), Mond(SO)). That's not a recipe for success.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Brooks is back.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          Brooks is back.

Extended vacation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Extended vacation?

Title 9 investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post

If Spring Ball is any indication the other QB’s won’t sniff the field unless it’s a blowout in ATM’s favor or unless Mond gets hurt.

That being said there is talent on the team at the QB position. Knowing the intricacies is the playbook is another issue the backups will have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                Appears to be on the team, but not with the team. No clue.
                Title 9 office just cleared him on some allegations. Should be returning back to team

Comment

He’s a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Wait, this Aggy team with Mond under center is going to have wins in both Death Valleys?

I like your way of thinking.

If that's possible Texas can certainly win the Big 12 and make the playoff with Sam under center.

If the Ags can beat Clemson then....

**** boy I'm ready.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Not going to happen....I could see Texas winning the Big 12 though.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                      This is a conversation i had with a good aggie buddy of mine. I stated the same as above, that A&M needs to go 9-3 to show that things are going the way people are wanting. Told him 8-4 is just another "aggie" year. He agreed but also said he would still be ok with 8-4 as long as they won whatever bowl they went to. My next question was this... What happens if A&M goes 7-5? Because we all know Mississippi St. and Auburn have been 50/50 games for the ags. So to the green screen and die hard ags my question is what are your thoughts about Jimbo and the program if 7-5 did happen this year?

8-4....no problem for me. 7-5.....Not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                        Not going to happen....I could see Texas winning the Big 12 though.
                        I don't see anyone beating Clemson this year. Crown them already.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          I don't see anyone beating Clemson this year. Crown them already.
                          Why don’t we wait till the teams that play them, play them first? We’ll let you know after September 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Why don’t we wait till the teams that play them, play them first? We’ll let you know after September 7th.

That is not very Aggie like....

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Mond showed flashes, and was certainly MUCH improved over his freshman season...as you would expect. If he continues to improve, I think he has what it takes to win big. Honestly, I'm ready for stability at the position and hope Mond proves to be the guy for the next two seasons. Keep in mind the Ags haven't had the same opening day starter since Manziel's freshman/sophomore campaigns (Hill (SO), Allen (FR), Knight(SR), Starkel(FR), Mond(SO)). That's not a recipe for success.
                              I can totally agree with the consistency aspect. Sumlin and Co weren't good at managing anything, especially people. Having some stability is/will be great. The problem is Mond's performance. His flashes won't cut it to get a team to the playoffs. If he can figure out how to play the first three quarters with the intensity and talent he showed during the LSU OT period he wouldn't find himself in so many OT situations and the record would be much better

The receivers also need to catch the passes that hit them in the hands. That's not on Mond, but his accuracy is still a bigger problem that dropped passes. JMHO

Comment

I dont see anyone beating Clemson ...

Robinson from AZ looks to be headed up to Columbus. I'm still holding out hope for a couple others.

Comment

Working...
                                X