Jeep value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep value question

I am looking at buying a 1997 jeep wrangler 2 door, 4WD, manual 6 cylinder with 111,000 miles on it. Jeep is super clean inside and out, clean title never wrecked. Everything works/runs great, 6 inch lift, 33" tires (new tires this year).

What would you consider a fair/good price?

I may be going to buy this today or tomorrow.

Any and all input is appreciated, I think

With used prices these days I think all historical data is irrelevent. I would suggest getting on auto trader and car guru's and see what comprable ones are going for and then add the value of any add ons that the one you are looking at adds. Also Jeep forums or Jeep FB groups might be a good sournce of info also.

Comment

What's the asking price?

Comment

For reference, I am about to list my wife's Jeep as her Bronco will hopefully be in a few weeks for $24 or 25K (We have a Car Max offer for $24K already on it).

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JK 4x4
        Sport S Package
        Connectivity Group
        5 Speed Auto
        Freedom 3 Piece Hard Top
        Alpine 9 Speaker with All Weather Sub

Black Exterior / Interior
        Mileage - 108K
        Never been offroaded, my wife daily driver

Add ons:
        N Fab Nerf Bars
        Tuffy Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure
        BDS 3" Lift with Fox Shocks and Front ADJ Truck Bar
        Speedo Calculator
        Smittybilt Tire Carrier
        Locking Lug Nuts
        Nitto Ridge Grapper 35/1250/R17 - 5
        Fuel Wheels - 5
        Surprise Straps on Front and Back
        * All Equipment Professional Installed

It does have hail damage on the hood and a cracked windshield and will be sold AS-IS.

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
          What's the asking price?
          I was waiting to see what numbers people would respond with before I posted it but I am pretty sure he will take $11,500

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            For reference, I am about to list my wife's Jeep as her Bronco will hopefully be in a few weeks for $24 or 25K (We have a Car Max offer for $24K already on it).

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JK 4x4
            Sport S Package
            Connectivity Group
            5 Speed Auto
            Freedom 3 Piece Hard Top
            Alpine 9 Speaker with All Weather Sub

Black Exterior / Interior
            Mileage - 108K
            Never been offroaded, my wife daily driver

Add ons:
            N Fab Nerf Bars
            Tuffy Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure
            BDS 3" Lift with Fox Shocks and Front ADJ Truck Bar
            Speedo Calculator
            Smittybilt Tire Carrier
            Locking Lug Nuts
            Nitto Ridge Grapper 35/1250/R17 - 5
            Fuel Wheels - 5
            Surprise Straps on Front and Back
            * All Equipment Professional Installed

It does have hail damage on the hood and a cracked windshield and will be sold AS-IS.
            thanks for the input! GLWS

Comment

This is the jeep I am interested in, but I have never bought a jeep so I am just looking for opinions if I am getting a good deal pending everything is in the condition as advertised.

111,000 miles, everything runs great

$11,500

poor, fair, good, great price?

Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=tfrye;15871075]I was waiting to see what numbers people would respond with before I posted it but I am pretty sure he will take $11,500[/QUOTE

Gotcha, a buddy of mine got one similar but the whole outside has been bedlinered plus its a hard top and its on 35" tires for 10,000 recently. Not sure on the miles or exact year but its mid to late 90s for sure.
                Last edited by jhuddleston; 10-13-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                  I was waiting to see what numbers people would respond with before I posted it but I am pretty sure he will take $11,500
                  For a 22 year old jeep. Way to high for me. My tops would be $6500

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                    For a 22 year old jeep with 111000 miles.. Way to high for me. My tops would be $6500

Comment

Make dang sure the lift was done correctly. They get the death wobble if not. And most road walk bad as it is. It makes them really suck to drive on the highway.

Price seems a touch high for a soft top standard. AC and heat work? Upgraded radio? Aside from that it’s not too far off. In today’s market it’s probably decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        For a 22 year old jeep with 111000 miles.. Way to high for me. My tops would be $6500
                        Interesting and maybe your right but I have been looking at jeeps for awhile and not found any jeep this clean with lower mileage under $8k...

Comment

I saw that Jeep online today. It looks clean! Your offer seems fair to both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            I was in same ballpark starting. Backing my way in…Tires are worth ~$1200 L&M? Lift is worth ~$1200 L&M? I figure $5500. $7900. $8k max.

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than 10 for a 97 TJ unless it was a very capable rig with tons and lockers.
                              But Im also not currently in market for a jeep and my style of jeeping is probably different than most.
                              I sold a highly modified 2000 TJ for 10, probably didn't have as good of road manners as the one you're looking at, but its been a few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X