Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Hunter Ed classes in the near future in East MOCO or NE Harris Co?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Hunter Ed classes in the near future in East MOCO or NE Harris Co?

My grandson needs a class so he can go to a TYHP hunt in Comfort. Can't find anything on the TPWD website. Was hoping someone knew of a class that wasn't listed or maybe one that could be put together soon. Thanks.

I can’t say for certainty it’s still an option now but my wife took an online class a few years back to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
      I can’t say for certainty it’s still an option now but my wife took an online class a few years back to get it.
      Yessir. You can take part of it...but you still need the "field day" portion (at least that's what I've been told).

Comment

Bobby, is this for Bow hunting?

Comment

Just realized he has to be 9 to take the class and won't be eligible until Nov 29th. Got to see the exact hunt dates to see if it's possible.

Comment

Buddy of mine ran into this last year. Kid took Colorado hunter Ed online and they took it on their draw hunt

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Buddy of mine ran into this last year. Kid took Colorado hunter Ed online and they took it on their draw hunt

That might be a good option. Thanks

Comment

Heck. Looks like they require classroom as well

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Heck. Looks like they require classroom as well
                  Well hey zuse.

I know a retiring ag teacher. Or can you buy that one time exception for kids?

Comment

The Official Idaho bowhunter safety course for your hunting license. Learn online on any device and print your bowhunting certificate. Study for FREE!

Idaho is the only state that doesn't require a field test for bowhunting. Texas recognizes it, but will it work for your hunt?

Comment

Well hey zuse.

I know a retiring ag teacher. Or can you buy that one time exception for kids?

I thought there was a one time exception? Seems like we used that with a visiting youngster or two.

Comment

Exemption is for 17 or older.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                          https://www.bowhunter-ed.com/idaho/

Idaho is the only state that doesn't require a field test for bowhunting. Texas recognizes it, but will it work for your hunt?
                          That might be an option after he turns 9 in November (they have the same requirement as Tx). Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I thought the rule was to have hunters Ed or be accompanied by someone who has it. Or are there special rules for TYHP.

I’m curious because my 9 yr old daughter wants to hunt this year and the rules were confusing as to what she actually needs to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got Axel's done in Temple last month. Glad it's complete.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X