School me on AR triggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've got a rifle I really like, it's not really an AR in spirit, it's a Bison Armory bull barrel with target crown in 6.8spc. Great shooter but she needs a better trigger. I was just aboot to order a LaRue MBT-2S because it's cheap just like me and I figured I should probably take a step back and ask some folks who know better than me. I did some googling but most AR trigger talk seems to be more along the lines of a battle rifle style whereas this one's more geared to range sessions and hunting fun. There's a guy with a Geissele 2 stage in the classifieds also I was curious about but that seems very similar to the LaRue at least to my untrained eye.

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    So I've got a rifle I really like, it's not really an AR in spirit, it's a Bison Armory bull barrel with target crown in 6.8spc. Great shooter but she needs a better trigger. I was just aboot to order a LaRue MBT-2S because it's cheap just like me and I figured I should probably take a step back and ask some folks who know better than me. I did some googling but most AR trigger talk seems to be more along the lines of a battle rifle style whereas this one's more geared to range sessions and hunting fun. There's a guy with a Geissele 2 stage in the classifieds also I was curious about but that seems very similar to the LaRue at least to my untrained eye.

CMC Is what I run if I replace a trigger on several of my rifles. My Falkor Petra has a geissele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Larue is the destination bang for your buck. When you look at the prices of the other top triggers and try out a larue it makes you wonder why the others cost so much. I'm talking the 2 stage triggers here and don't let anyone tell you they are hard to get used to.

Comment

I put the Larue in mine and really like it. I am not a precision shooter with mine, it's all bout how many rounds can I get off before the pigs get out of sight...

Comment

I'm not hung up on 2 stage, don't know enough to know whether I want 2 or 1 stage, etc. I do like most bang for my buck usually but this rifle I wouldn't mind splurging IF there's benefit to it.

Comment

You won't find a better 2 stage than the Larue.

Comment

I'll be the one who says I don't like a 2 stage. CMC triggers are great. I also like POF triggers. I've never tried the Larue but for a 2 stage they do get a lot of positive reviews. Find a shop that has them on display and try them out.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                You won't find a better 2 stage than the Larue.
                Lol. Trigger Tech is the king.

Larue is a good trigger for $90.

Gieselle makes excellent single and double stage triggers. I go 2 stage very light to prevent double taps.

Trigger Tech diamond 2 stage is the nicest trigger I’ve ever used in an AR platform. Extremely consistent. Can be tuned very light. And still retains full hammer force regardless of pull weight.

Gieselle makes a ton of different models. They are NOT all on the same level. Trigger tech is well worth the extra money over G

I own 2 of the trigger tech diamonds and 3-4 gieselle triggers in different ARs. So this is coming from personal experience and not just speaking of shooting a buddies rifle once or reading something on the internet.
                Last edited by trophy8; 04-25-2021, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I have Larue MBT and Geissele SSA-E. Larue hands down for the money. I’m not a technical .25 MOA shooter so I can’t tell a difference between the 2 except in the wallet.

Comment

I like my CMC 2.5 flat trigger.

Comment

I'm no gunsmith by any any means, but like you said yourself, I'm cheap. I did a trigger job on my AR, per a how-to I found on youtube, and it made all the difference in the world. I figured I didn't have anything to lose, and if I screwed it up, I'd just buy a new trigger. But I was really pleased with the results of my DIY improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                        I like my CMC 2.5 flat trigger.
                        Same here!

Comment

CMC or Timney has always performed as well as I can for me.

Comment

I own a couple of the CMC brand ar triggers and one of the TriggerTechs. I really like the triggertech in the for stand hunting and the cmc for more of a run and gun situation

Comment

All mine wear CMC. But I’ve never really ventured out to anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X