Glock armorers: Extractor replacement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock armorers: Extractor replacement question

I have an early Glock 21 that has a broken extractor (bottom corner chipped off). Is it possible to order a new extractor with the loaded chamber indicator built in?

Yes. But you’ll need a new spring also. The spring is part number GLO-3442. Extractor is GLSP-01902. I assume by early you mean at least Gen 3? Not sure if it will work on a Gen 2.

Best thing is call Glock with your serial number to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
      Yes. But you’ll need a new spring also. The spring is part number GLO-3442. Extractor is GLSP-01902. I assume by early you mean at least Gen 3? Not sure if it will work on a Gen 2.

Best thing is call Glock with your serial number to confirm.

What he said but call especially if it’s a gen two or older.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

It's a Gen 2. I'll call Glock tomorrow.
        Thanks.

I really hope I don't have to send it in for any recalls, because the old trigger on this gun is a lot sweeter than the Gen 4's that I have. I guess several thousands of rounds over the decades tends to smooth things out nicely?
        Last edited by RingSteel; 07-09-2020, 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Out of curiosity what sort of malfunctions are you seeing?

I assume its hanging the brass now and then?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as I know gen 3 extractors should drop right into your gen 2. Maybe try this?
            Lone Wolf Arms is the largest manufacturer of aftermarket parts for Glocks. We also have M&P Shield, Beretta/Taurus, and Browning Hi-Power parts.

Comment

Well now that I'm looking around some more not 100% sure. Call glock and let us know. I'm curious now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Out of curiosity what sort of malfunctions are you seeing?

I assume its hanging the brass now and then?

When shooting, it fails to extract 1 out of every 10-20 cases, but still extracts unfired cartridges fine.
                Detailed strip and examination only finds the chipped extractor, everything else looks fine.
                Last edited by RingSteel; 07-10-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
                  When shooting, it fails to extract 1 out of every 10-20 cases, but still extracts unfired cartridges fine.

Detailed strip and examination only finds the chipped extractor, everything else looks fine.

Wow. That's worse than I thought.

Thanks for the picture. I'm in the beginning stages of training in brass identifications from one gun to the next using ejector/extractor and breech face marks and was curious. Its kinda cool science

Comment

Glock service was of little help. Their answer was "Return to factory for service. We cannot sell you the extractor for liability reasons."

After a little more talk, confirming the May '94 production date and that it was a 2nd Gen, he said that any Glock armorer should handle the parts swap.

That still leaves me hanging, so I'll see if I can find a local armorer.

Comment

For the price of an extractor I would just buy one and see what happens. You may need a new plunger spring or rod but I would think this would work.
                      Keep your Glock cycling to perfection with the OEM Glock Extractorw/Loaded Chamber Indicator! Shop the best selection in Glock factory and aftermarket parts at GlockStore.com today!

Looks like you'll need this bearing.
                      Always have a spare! Visit GlockStore.com today to purchase the Glock Spring Loaded Bearing - LCI and any of the small, easy to lose parts from your Glock Handgun.
                      Last edited by lbbf; 07-10-2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I think you’re right. Buying a couple parts will be cheap and easy to try.

Thanks.

Comment

Parts ordered last Friday 7/10 from Lone Wolf.
                          Parts delivered Yesterday 7/14.

New Lone Wolf extractor w/ LCI cost $16.99
                          New Glock Spring Load Bearing for LCi cost $2.50
                          New Glock recoil spring cost $7.73

26 year old Glock running perfectly again, and now with a LCI to match the other Glocks in the house.... nice! It was a good hump day.

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
                            Parts ordered last Friday 7/10 from Lone Wolf.
                            Parts delivered Yesterday 7/14.

New Lone Wolf extractor w/ LCI cost $16.99
                            New Glock Spring Load Bearing for LCi cost $2.50
                            New Glock recoil spring cost $7.73

26 year old Glock running perfectly again, and now with a LCI to match the other Glocks in the house.... nice! It was a good hump day.
                            Sweet!

Comment

Glad it worked!

Comment

Working...
                              X