Eastland county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tye View Post

Killed on a wildlife management coop. I think it was his first buck.
    yes I believe it was killed around Carbon in some of that country that burned the year or two prior to him killing him. Such an awesome buck

Comment

If I read it right that buck was killed on the 4J ranch. 4J pretty much borders my place.

Comment

Originally posted by JMoore85 View Post
        If I read it right that buck was killed on the 4J ranch. 4J pretty much borders my place.
        Trust me that is truly a freak for Eastland cty. Our place has been fenced since 1995 with native deer other than some TTT that were brought in. We have only killed one buck over 160 and a handful over 150.

Here is a link where the dad is talking about the buck
        Hey Guys - I heard there was some chatter on the forum about the Bradley Buck so I signed up to get the facts out. I will inculde a few pics also.1-My oldest son Jeff shot the deer. I will let him tell story in his own words later. Jeff is 30, a father of 2, works full time and is a full t...

Comment

There are some awesome deer around Carbon. People don't talk much around there, they need to keep it that way!

Comment

Yea I got a few on the wall.

Comment

Bump from years past. I've been looking for a place in Northern Comacnhe in Eastland Counties. They seem to hold both quantity and quality.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

been hunting around carbon 15 yrs now

Comment

not much help these days but the first deer i ever killed was in eastland in the early 90s, good ol "8 point buck." first time alone in a stand, which was on old phone booth on top of a hill that we sat on top of, shot at him 4 or 5 times with my 3030 and hit him twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    Bump from years past. I've been looking for a place in Northern Comacnhe in Eastland Counties. They seem to hold both quantity and quality.

I would never drive from Houston to that area to hunt deer unless you have another reason to be in that general area. I grew up hunting round those parts my whole life. Cool country but that's a long haul to deal with average hunting at best.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      not much help these days but the first deer i ever killed was in eastland in the early 90s, good ol "8 point buck." first time alone in a stand, which was on old phone booth on top of a hill that we sat on top of, shot at him 4 or 5 times with my 3030 and hit him twice.
                      Sounds like my first kill, also with a 30-30..........I used them all

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Sounds like my first kill, also with a 30-30..........I used them all
                        Haha yes sir, I also fired 2 at the doe he was chasing. My dad was about .5 mile away in his stand and said it sounded like a war was going on...still have that 3030, may break it out this year and kill something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

This thread brings back some memories. In the early 2000s, when I was in college, my dad and I hunted 175 acres right outside of downtown Comanche, on the south side. It was part of a dairy farm and covered up with deer, owned by a crazy farmer named Jack something I think.

We saw a couple bucks that were probably in the 130s and back then we might as well have been on the Tecomate hunting Heart-Attack! Biggest deer we had ever seen.

I still have a shed from there with an 11.5" g2.

Comment

Working...
                          X