ATN X Sight 4k vs. Tactacam FTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATN X Sight 4k vs. Tactacam FTS

I am needing input between these 2 WIFI enabled shooting aids. I can't really decide which one I need for my son. I've heard ATN customer service can be a hassle if there's an issue with it but I haven't heard much about the FTS or Tactacam as far as reliability, being user friendly, or fun stuff like that.

Run from both

I would not run an ATN if you gave it to me

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Run from both

I would not run an ATN if you gave it to me
      I need something that can connect to wifi or share a screen. Is there anything else on the market that with that capability? I've looked around and can't find anything else. I tried the SME Bullseye and it doesn't like recoil. Are you speaking from experience on the ATN and what makes them that bad?

Comment

I have the older model ATN x sight 2. It does pretty well. I have never had to get ahold of customer service for anything though. Takes decent video and have used it some on rifles. I currently have it on my crossbow though.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
          I have the older model ATN x sight 2. It does pretty well. I have never had to get ahold of customer service for anything though. Takes decent video and have used it some on rifles. I currently have it on my crossbow though.
          Awesome! Thanks for the feedback

Comment

I have the ATN X Sight 4K (3-14 version) mounted to my 300 blackout AR platform and I absolutely love it and have had less than zero issues. Has worked flawlessly and performs as advertised. I do however use a different infrared flashlight instead of the one that came with the ATN. Not that it’s better as far as performance goes. I simply just prefer the simplicity of turning on and off, and my existing one is either on or it’s off... the one from ATN has a hi, medium, and low setting that can be cumbersome in the dark

I have no experience with the other you mentioned so I can’t make comparisons
            Last edited by K. Lane; 10-14-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I have the X-sight 4K in the 3x14 and also the 5x20 never had any issues with them. I have heard people having issues with screens locking up but never had that issue with either one of mine. There is a software update that you can do that fixes that issue. I keep my firmware updated on a regular basis and have yet to have issues. The IR both models come with works but doesn’t work well at long distances. I upgraded to the Sniper Hog Lights Coyote Cannon and it definitely is a awesome upgrade to the standard IR. I have called ATN to ask questions about creating certain ballistic profiles and have always had great customer service. Good luck on your choice of optic.

Comment

Double post
                Last edited by highspeed; 10-14-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                  I have the ATN X Sight 4K (3-14 version) mounted to my 300 blackout AR platform and I absolutely love it and have had less than zero issues. Has worked flawlessly and performs as advertised. I do however use a different infrared flashlight instead of the one that came with the ATN. Not that it’s better as far as performance goes. I simply just prefer the simplicity of turning on and off, and my existing one is either on or it’s off... the one from ATN has a hi, medium, and low setting that can be cumbersome in the dark

I have no experience with the other you mentioned so I can’t make comparisons
                  Originally posted by mason bowhunter View Post
                  I have the X-sight 4K in the 3x14 and also the 5x20 never had any issues with them. I have heard people having issues with screens locking up but never had that issue with either one of mine. There is a software update that you can do that fixes that issue. I keep my firmware updated on a regular basis and have yet to have issues. The IR both models come with works but doesn’t work well at long distances. I upgraded to the Sniper Hog Lights Coyote Cannon and it definitely is a awesome upgrade to the standard IR. I have called ATN to ask questions about creating certain ballistic profiles and have always had great customer service. Good luck on your choice of optic.
                  Thanks for the input! How long have you had your scopes?

Comment

Also if you download the ATN Obsidian app on your phone or iPad it’s a helpful tool if your thinking about letting your son be the shooter. If your on your phone or tablet you can see what he’s seeing on scope screen and coach him through the shot process and control his zoom and recording buttons all he has to do is shoot when you tell him. Love the app especially if your using it as a coaching tool.

Comment

I'm looking for the same capability for a scope for my daughters. I'm considering the Pulsar Digex N450 or an Accufire Noctis TR1. The Digex is black/white only during the day, but I'm thinking that's not really a big deal especially during low light hunting at dusk/dawn. Pulsar has a color version coming soon, may be too late for this season though.

I only recently heard of Accufire, but they're based here in Texas... although I'm sure they're manufacturing overseas like everyone else in the digital scope game. I handled the Noctis at a store in Grapevine last night. Seemed solid and well built. The color image looked good. I thought the screen was a little too busy (angle and cant indicators and picture-in-picture) for a kid so I didn't buy it. I want to ask them if there's a built in option to hide some of the stuff on the screen.

Comment

I have had a ATN X-Sight II 5x20 for about 6 years now. I have never had any issue with it. I move it from my 300BO to my crossbow. I have never needed customer service

Comment

I’ve had my 3x14 for two years and just bought my 5x12 and have only had it for 6 months no difference in the two except the magnification. Really like mine. If you do a search on my profile you’ll see some hog hunts I’ve posted

Comment

Originally posted by mmurphey View Post
                            I'm looking for the same capability for a scope for my daughters. I'm considering the Pulsar Digex N450 or an Accufire Noctis TR1. The Digex is black/white only during the day, but I'm thinking that's not really a big deal especially during low light hunting at dusk/dawn. Pulsar has a color version coming soon, may be too late for this season though.

I only recently heard of Accufire, but they're based here in Texas... although I'm sure they're manufacturing overseas like everyone else in the digital scope game. I handled the Noctis at a store in Grapevine last night. Seemed solid and well built. The color image looked good. I thought the screen was a little too busy (angle and cant indicators and picture-in-picture) for a kid so I didn't buy it. I want to ask them if there's a built in option to hide some of the stuff on the screen.
                            I haven’t heard of Accufire. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                            I have had a ATN X-Sight II 5x20 for about 6 years now. I have never had any issue with it. I move it from my 300BO to my crossbow. I have never needed customer service
                            Good to hear. Would you get another one if you needed to?

Originally posted by mason bowhunter View Post
                            I’ve had my 3x14 for two years and just bought my 5x12 and have only had it for 6 months no difference in the two except the magnification. Really like mine. If you do a search on my profile you’ll see some hog hunts I’ve posted
                            I went and looked at your videos and they are legit! The night vision would be a bonus for us. I need a wifi camera/scope so my son can use it. He’s in a wheelchair and I’ve built him a shooting apparatus to use.

Comment

I have the ATN 5x20 also I have not had any issues in 6 years !

Comment

Working...
                              X