Weld Up or Bolt Up Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
    I'll take welds over bolts any day, just in general. Be sharp if you have it welded; I've seen some metal buildings that look like they were welded by chimpanzees.
    This is why at the time I bought a bolt up because I didn’t know of a reputable welder I could trust. I know it could go the same way with a bolt up if you don’t watch it.m

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
      Weld up. Bolt ones are convenient but 9/10 the holes won’t line up right or some random problem will pop up and the builders just gonna have to find a way to make it work. A good builder can weld together a building just as strong and fast. I help my dad who does it for a living and have messed with both multiple times this year. If it was me or him we would weld one up for ourselves.
      This isn’t the case with two bolt ups I have purchased from my experiences.

Comment

i keep hearing lead times on weld ups are way way shorter

Comment

tag

Comment

Bolt up kit cost more but labor on weld up will be higher. Normally bolt up overall is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have welded for years….and I went with a bolt up. Tired of welding….don’t need any more practice

Comment

I hope to have a 30x40 shop built in the 6 months or so. This has been a good discussion. Hey Bob(Draco)...whatch a gonna be doing in February or March ?

Comment

Watching some body else build your building.

You need to stop by and check the house out. I'd like your opinion on a couple things.

Comment

I don't think bolt up are faster when you consider the fab time on the bolt up. I would bet if you start the clock when you make the deposit the weld up would be ericted as soon if not faster. To me if you have a big span I would go with the bolt up for the engineering. For your typical 30 or 40 foot wide I would weld it. I have a 50x75 Mueller and there were several things that were not exactly right when the red iron went together.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      Watching some body else build your building.

You need to stop by and check the house out. I'd like your opinion on a couple things.
                      You gonna be home this weekend? I'll probably go up to the property to check the water tote.

Comment

If you are personally going to do it then buy a bolt up. If you’re gonna hire it out then use a weld up. I could talk about this until your ears fall off. I’ve put up hundreds of buildings.

Comment

if you are building it yourself and know how to weld, that is the way to go in my opinion. i have built 3 over the last 12 years (50x30, and 2- 30x40s) by myself and it wasn't very hard. The hardest part to me was screwing all the panels on... burnt up 4 or 5 impact drills and my hand was sore for 2 months after i finished!

Comment

what is a ballpark cost of a 60x40 with awnings like the OP mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                              I went with weld up due to what we are using it for, much cleaner look inside and local guy was much cheaper than the bolt up guys. 60x90 with 15 ft porches all around and took less than 2 weeks to build.

www.bellavitafarmstx.com is our bldg. Weld up was much easier for me to finish out interior the way we planned it being built. I would be scared to think how much it would be to build today......steel all came from J and I in Madill. Signs on it are from Hometown metal works on here.

Who’d you use to erect?
                              I’m getting ready to do one in Pottsboro

Comment

I do metal buildings for a living. The only time I'd do a bolt up building for myself is if it'd be a really big building. Like somebody mentioned bolt ups are very hard to get squared,everything straight etc. A good welder will usually put up a better built building than a bolt up.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X