Monoclonal Antibody Infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoclonal Antibody Infusion

After experiencing allergy-type symptoms and loss of smell I tested positive for COVID this morning using an at-home test. Memorial Urgent Care requires their own positive testing so going at 2:30 today. I asked about the antibody infusion and they said that my case will be submitted to a committee to determine if I get them. Anyone have any suggestions to tell them to ensure I get the infusion??

I was questioned by Memorial on potentially higher risk situation. Over 50. Over their BMI threshold. I qualified. I went to a local clinic that was quicker, no questions. better fast

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
      After experiencing allergy-type symptoms and loss of smell I tested positive for COVID this morning using an at-home test. Memorial Urgent Care requires their own positive testing so going at 2:30 today. I asked about the antibody infusion and they said that my case will be submitted to a committee to determine if I get them. Anyone have any suggestions to tell them to ensure I get the infusion??

My primary care doctor got me in contact with a pulmonoligst who was able to authorize/approved me for it and it wasnt a hassle at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
        My primary care doctor got me in contact with a pulmonoligst who was able to authorize/approved me for it and it wasnt a hassle at all.

I don’t have a primary care doctor and I don’t have underlying health issues unless I tell them I do - That was going to be my strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
          I don’t have a primary care doctor and I don’t have underlying health issues unless I tell them I do - That was going to be my strategy.
          That sucks about the primary care (glad you dont have underlying issues). Im not sure what the best route would be then.

Comment

My daughter got the infusion yesterday. She fall way underneath any guidelines, because she is young, fit , and in great shape. They were going to reject her for the treatment, but she mentioned about her sinus & breathing problems she had all her life. That was enough for her to qualify

Comment

I just did a video call with my doctor and he faxed in the authorization. They called in a few hours and scheduled it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife qualified based on her blood oxygen of 94 at the time of her positive test

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  I just did a video call with my doctor and he faxed in the authorization. They called in a few hours and scheduled it.

Did you doctor prescribe anything else or just the infusion. My daughter is going through it. She got the infusion, but they didn't prescribe her any other medications (antibiotics / steroids)

Comment

Just the infusion. I actually felt worse after it rhan before. Fever spiked.

Comment

I took the infusion and it took about 36 hours before I started showing improvement (the nurse at the center said it would take at least 24 hours). The improvement was noticeable.

At about 24 hours I was waiting for this big improvement and it didn’t come. About half a day later I was hungry for the first time in almost 2 weeks. I ate solid food for the first time during that time frame and my fever broke.

My blood oxygen had been running around 82-86% and it went to the low 90% range.

Comment

Not sure where you are but the exact thing happened to me, started thinking I had a sinus infection until I couldn't smell. This all happened last Thursday.

Got a test done at the local urgent care (in Montgomery, Tx). Called my Dr and he called in a z-pack for me. That said, I was already doing all the vitamins but added zinc to the routine that day.

With that I went to 9201 Pinecroft Drive in The Woodlands to get the infusion, all they asked to see was the sheet that showed a positive test which I got at the local urgent care. There were several people there from a good ways away.

Just like that, all happened in same day... Now quarantined at the deer camp, feeling good. Have put out 25 sacks of corn, hunted every morning and push mowed the camp house yard. So feeling just fine other than typical sinus issues but they have gotten better since the infusion and working on the z-pack! Best of luck brother, hope ya get to feeling better!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a deep cough that I couldn’t clear.

Comment

Originally posted by gap4040 View Post
                            I was questioned by Memorial on potentially higher risk situation. Over 50. Over their BMI threshold. I qualified. I went to a local clinic that was quicker, no questions. better fast

Based on this advice I went to a local urgent care and cancelled the appointment with the big chain (Memorial Herman). My BP was higher than normal and I said I had moderate asthma. That was enough for them to start the infusion. Additionally, I was prescribed the following:

Prednisone
                            Ivermectin
                            Albuterol
                            Z-pak

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                              Did you doctor prescribe anything else or just the infusion. My daughter is going through it. She got the infusion, but they didn't prescribe her any other medications (antibiotics / steroids)
                              get you some ivermectin and zinc quickly. it works.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X