Academy wait line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
    I'm hoarding it for my two boys who are 2 and five years old. Who knows what the situation will look like over the next 70 years. I won't buy during times like this though. I only stack it deep when I can buy it cheap.
    Like this

Comment

Just bought 2 cases, 500 rounds of dove loads. First ones I've seen in a month or more. I guess that makes me a hoarder. Should have bought a pallet a couple of months ago. I don't plan to fight the government with #8 lead but I do plan to shoot a few clays between now and the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
        Just bought 2 cases, 500 rounds of dove loads. First ones I've seen in a month or more. I guess that makes me a hoarder. Should have bought a pallet a couple of months ago. I don't plan to fight the government with #8 lead but I do plan to shoot a few clays between now and the end of the year.

Went to academy after work this evening, they had mountains of 28 guage. Joked with my buddy that I guess I need to buy a 28 guage so I have ammo. I usually buy all my shotgun shells from Rogers mid summer. I buy several cases of steel and dove loads.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
          One of out local shops posted on Facebook that they had a shipment of ammo come in. There were over 60 trucks in the parking lot the next morning with the furthest person driving 4 hours one way... its ridiculous
          Talking about Arklatex?
          I was gonna stop by and see what they had until my buddy sent me a picture of the line .

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Went to academy after work this evening, they had mountains of 28 guage. Joked with my buddy that I guess I need to buy a 28 guage so I have ammo. I usually buy all my shotgun shells from Rogers mid summer. I buy several cases of steel and dove loads.
            Been 28ga and 350 legend almost exclusively at the one by me. Couldn't believe they had .22 the other day after the morning mob passed.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
              All the people hoarding for the big fight don’t think about how they are going to transport all this ammo they are stashing. You are not going to be able to sit in your house and shoot. They will level it. You are only going to be able to take what you can carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              If you do it smart, and you have to run, you don't carry anything.
              It's already there waiting on you .

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Don't throw us all into that pit. I don't live off the government and I'm not a hoarder. In fact I recently sent two boxes of 6.5 Swede for free to a member on here and offered a box of .556 soft point to another members kiddo for free. If I had any .243 I'd send you some.
                Yeah sorry to lump everyone in. Im just mad because I don't have ammo. Hmph

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

Yep it’s almost to the point of buying a gun to fit the ammo you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    The same *******s who panic bought toilet paper in preparation for a respiratory virus....
                    When "it" hits the fan you need ammo and tp.

Comment

Lines at every Academy near Fort Hood every Monday morning. Half the line does not get anything.
                      They are not the only a--hats right now. Cheaper than dirt has 9mm at 2$ a round. I am half tempted to pop my trunk in the academy parking lot early and sell half my ammo for top dollar.
                      Also, all the walmarts in the 3 surrounding cities are completely empty. Not a single shot shell on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
                        Lines at every Academy near Fort Hood every Monday morning. Half the line does not get anything.
                        They are not the only a--hats right now. Cheaper than dirt has 9mm at 2$ a round. I am half tempted to pop my trunk in the academy parking lot early and sell half my ammo for top dollar.
                        Also, all the walmarts in the 3 surrounding cities are completely empty. Not a single shot shell on the shelf.
                        Trust me I’m tempted to gamble that it’s going to return to normal and cash in.

Comment

I do believe it is going to return to normal, and all this crazy buying and prices will die down. However, I think it will be another year.
                          It has just recently gotten to the ridiculous point. No 223/5.56 and handgun ammo I was fine with. If you did not stock up by now that was your own fault. But the buying up of all the **** hunting rounds for no reason is shotty. Who really needed 50 boxes of 270. I only hope that persons kids do not hunt and they are buried with their prized lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            You know **** good and well that it's the next "president" driving the panic.
                            YES SIR

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                              Care to elaborate? I shoot a lot, I burn through ammo so I have to buy more, can’t get it online cheap so I buy it at academy. I get there at 9 when they open not 3 hours before and I’m not buying to flip.

Well Said...

Comment

great time to be a reloader with plenty of inventory

Comment

Working...
                                X