Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hated to do it but it had to be done....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP kicks his best friend off a lease for something his BIL did. There’s an aggy joke some where in here...

This is dumb...and over a busted up 8 point. Put the friend on double secret probation and don’t allow him to have guests for a few years. Not worth losing a friend over...unless another aggy?

Comment

Been there got a hat.

Best I can recall it was 1969 and my dad and I went to the once a year weekend place and he brought his accountant. A five foot nothing guy with a 300 win mag.
      The land owner told us a doe or spike each and that was it.
      About 7:30 dad pulls up to my blind and says get down. I am like no I have not seen a deer yet - go away. Get down.
      The accountant had accidentally shot 3 deer because his gun kept knocking him off the chair..........

Comment

Have your friend stay and not shoot next year. He gave his deer away.

Comment

In my opinion OP did the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Been there got a hat.

Best I can recall it was 1969 and my dad and I went to the once a year weekend place and he brought his accountant. A five foot nothing guy with a 300 win mag.
            The land owner told us a doe or spike each and that was it.
            About 7:30 dad pulls up to my blind and says get down. I am like no I have not seen a deer yet - go away. Get down.
            The accountant had accidentally shot 3 deer because his gun kept knocking him off the chair..........
            That's a funny story!

To the OP, I'm with the it's not worth a friendship crowd. For sure a consequence but not immediate execution.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              So you kicked your buddy/best man/kid's Godfather off of a lease for a busted up 8pt? Hell, I guess y'all like deer more than I do. I get rules, but I don't have that many good friends and I'll be ****ed if I'd trade one in for a deer. Hope y'all all kill big ones.
              Can I agree and disagree here. I get what you’re saying curt bc I have only a handful of good friends. Only one guy I consider my absolute best friend. So I agree on that point but I disagree with your statement bc I’ve kinda been in Chef’s shoes. I found a fantastic lease in junction for 1500 a year. Had two shoot 15 deer a season plus whatever we wanted. Anyways one of my closest friend got on with me and he screwed on several occasions. Was taking his customers out there behind everyone’s back and even let some guys son shoot a doe. Only reason I found out is bc I had cameras all over the place to see what was available. He then shot a young buck that was on the no hit list per us and landowner. He tried to make every reason why he had to shoot the buck. Well we lost the lease after just one season and I told him what I thought about it. He knew he screwed up but acted as if I was wrong for telling him he would not be gettin in the next place with us. 4 years later he is still not on a lease with me and he never gets invited out to hunt any time with us.
              It’s truly a hard spot to be in but what good is a person, no matter relation, if they cannot be trusted. I have to lean with chef and say he did the right thing in this situation. I think I’d feel a little different if my buddy would’ve been honest about why he shot the buck. Chef may have given the guy another chance if he had just owned up to it and not made excuses whatever they were.

Comment

My understanding is it wasnt the OP's decision but the family's decision to kick the guy off. The OP just got to be the messanger because he was the one who vouched to get his buddy on the place. Maybe I misunderstood.

Comment

Curt is correct...why not get with the rest of the members & discuss options for some sort of restitution if you got a good group & everyone gets along / agrees with the ordeal.

He could give up a set of horns next year and/or pony up for the ribeyes & whisky for the rest of the season. To me, the punishment does not fit the crime if it was indeed a communication error.

Comment

Man there isn’t a deer lease in the world that would be worth risking my friendship with my best friend over. Especially for a mistake made by his guest that he immediately fesses up to. There has got to be more to this story.

Comment

maybe you can call him back and say you were just bustin on him for breaking the rules. you were not serious about running him off.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        Can I agree and disagree here. I get what you’re saying curt bc I have only a handful of good friends. Only one guy I consider my absolute best friend. So I agree on that point but I disagree with your statement bc I’ve kinda been in Chef’s shoes. I found a fantastic lease in junction for 1500 a year. Had two shoot 15 deer a season plus whatever we wanted. Anyways one of my closest friend got on with me and he screwed on several occasions. Was taking his customers out there behind everyone’s back and even let some guys son shoot a doe. Only reason I found out is bc I had cameras all over the place to see what was available. He then shot a young buck that was on the no hit list per us and landowner. He tried to make every reason why he had to shoot the buck. Well we lost the lease after just one season and I told him what I thought about it. He knew he screwed up but acted as if I was wrong for telling him he would not be gettin in the next place with us. 4 years later he is still not on a lease with me and he never gets invited out to hunt any time with us.
                        It’s truly a hard spot to be in but what good is a person, no matter relation, if they cannot be trusted. I have to lean with chef and say he did the right thing in this situation. I think I’d feel a little different if my buddy would’ve been honest about why he shot the buck. Chef may have given the guy another chance if he had just owned up to it and not made excuses whatever they were.
                        Sounds like your situation is a little different from OPs

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Trust takes years to earn and a split second to destroy. Good call.

This. Sorry you had to do it,but it was his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                            Sounds like your situation is a little different from OPs
                            It was but I empathize with chef some for having to do what he did. Maybe it wasn’t his decision solely bc he’s on family land

Comment

So you kicked your buddy/best man/kid's Godfather off of a lease for a busted up 8pt? Hell, I guess y'all like deer more than I do. I get rules, but I don't have that many good friends and I'll be ****ed if I'd trade one in for a deer. Hope y'all all kill big ones.
                              Agreed

Comment

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X