Savage 93r 17 HMR Youth stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage 93r 17 HMR Youth stock

I have a savage 17 hmr that is way too big for my son. I’ve tried finding a youth stock online (including a Boyd’s stock) but have been unable to find one. Any recommendations?

Cut it down yourself. Bandsaw is easiest, but can be down with just about any saw..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt. Any other suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        Cut it down yourself. Bandsaw is easiest, but can be down with just about any saw..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        I have cut many of stocks down for my boys.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
          I have cut many of stocks down for my boys.

I would consider cutting it down but I’m worried about the shape of the stock and the curve near the butt of the barrel. Could I still cut it down an inch or two with this stock shape:

Comment

Yes you can.... it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
              Yes you can.... it will be fine.

Thanks.

Comment

Is the stock something you may want to use later? If so you can go to Numrich and probably buy a used stock or, maybe a reproduction, Cut it down and save the original for when he grows into it. I cut a walnut stock off on a H&R for my son and when he grew out of it the only thing I could find was a 'walnut stained hardwood" stock. Now the rifle is ugly as sin.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                  Is the stock something you may want to use later? If so you can go to Numrich and probably buy a used stock or, maybe a reproduction, Cut it down and save the original for when he grows into it. I cut a walnut stock off on a H&R for my son and when he grew out of it the only thing I could find was a 'walnut stained hardwood" stock. Now the rifle is ugly as sin.

I’d prefer to not to cut it down if I don’t have to but haven’t been able to find a replacement in my price range. I’ve read that Boyd’s makes a stock but they are at least $150. I only paid $200 for the fun so I am having trouble paying $150+ for a stock that my kids will only use for a couple years. But, if I have to, I will cut it down.

Comment

Working...
                  X