Wanting to get into reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbm View Post
    Send me your address and the calibers you shoot and I will send you some brass. No charge
    you da man!! appreciate it

Comment

Stay away from the Lee Perfect Powder Scale. It is not perfect....not even good. I have Lee presses and have been pretty satisfied. Mount to a solid table and get after it. NEVER forget to lube your brass. You will need a powder trickler.

Comment

RCBS and jump on it now!

Spend $550 a Brownells get $65 and free shipping using LEC.

Spend over $499.98 on RCBS stuff get $175 rebate.

So buy $550 worth of RBCS stuff from Brownells and you'll walk away in the end spending $310

Comment

RCBS Rock Chucker has great sales just keep your eyes on it.

Comment

Also ask around at the range and local gun stores. People upgrade and let the old stuff go for cheap, or even free. Brass in the common calibers is easy to come by. Check the trash cans at the range. Ask around. You generally don't wear reloading presses out. My Rock Chucker was bought new in 1974, and I have used it heavily since then. EBay and gunbroker are good for tools, but stay away from brass. It may be worn out and cleaned like new.

Comment

Try the lee reloading book, tells it like it is, very straightforward. I will look to see if I have any extra reloading manuals, if so I will pm and send them to you.

Comment

Thank everyone for everything!!! I am not quite reloading yet but I have received half of my stuff today... I’m excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you get
                  Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                  Thank everyone for everything!!! I am not quite reloading yet but I have received half of my stuff today... I’m excited!!

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

Which tumbler do y’all recommend ???
                    Which tumbler media do y’all recommend ??

Also my press does not seat primers, so which primer seater do I use? Hand held

Comment

I bought a cheap frankford arsenal tumbler and walnut media, works just fine.

I really like the Lee precision primer tool, easier than the rcbs hand primer

Comment

I like the Frankford tumbler. Mine flooded during Harvey, when I pick it up water was coming out of the motor. Set it out in the sun and it has worked 100% since

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a cheap harbor freight tumblr and the walnut media from harbor freight.

I like the rcbs hand held primer works pretty good and is easy on your hands.

Comment

Given your budget, I'd go with a kit of some sort. Bear in mind, if you really get into this you'll upgrade and add to as you progress in the hobby.

If you're patient, you can find many of these items used and save some coin.

For kits, here's a couple that would get you started. I'm a fan of redding presses and dies. On most other items it's a mix. I feel it's better than average without going into the price range of the upper end stuff.

Redding Kit.

RCBS kit.

Not a must but some VERY handy tools of the trade.

Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Length Gauge Bolt Action

Hornady Lock-N-Load Bullet Comparator

RCBS Electronic Digital Caliper
                            You can save a little coin with a dial caliper and it's every bit as accurate but this is easier to read.

I have a few items I'm getting ready to sell and will send you the link once posted.

Comment

For years I used the press to seat primers but hated it.

I splurged on this and would now pay twice it's cost I like it so much.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-638LgQp4gc"]RCBS® Automatic Priming Tool - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have a couple hundred pieces of prime .308 brass...

Make me an offer! I'm in DFW

Comment

Working...
                                X