Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

I'm missing Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always believed to just come out and say it.

Attached Files

Comment

Lol. I like it. Thank you for the encouragement. I just miss hunting with my family and friends. I guess that it is what I miss the most.

Comment

Pfffffft I’d love to kill a big Nebraska deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What the heck were you thinking???

p.s I never did figure out if I know you. What is your name?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            What the heck were you thinking???

p.s I never did figure out if I know you. What is your name?
            My wife got a good job up here so we made the move.

Comment

Thank y'all for the encouragement.

Comment

Im not sure i could deal with the snow. I could find a place to hunt.

Comment

Go visit Carhenge!!! In Alliance Ne

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                    Moved to Illinois 6 years ago after 50 years in TEXAS, 5th generation Texan. It sucks big time! Never stops sucking!. Good people in Nebraska, so enjoy them.

I have found year after year we, wife, myself and kids, are tougher than those that have lived here their entire life!

Do what you need to do up north and move back as soon as possible!
                    I moved to Naperville IL when I was 35 after spending my entire life in Texas. After 4 years I couldn’t handie another Winter and moved back to Texas. Good Luck to the OP.

Comment

born and raised Texan, lived in KS, OH, and now NW Ark. following my career. Will always be a Texan wherever I live. Always will miss it but take advantage of the good you have available in your area and get involved in the community makes it easier.

Comment

I also moved to Omaha, NE 2-1/2 years ago June for my wife as well. I have enjoyed the area and people for the most part, but it has been a big change. Two things can be certain: The BBQ is just decent and trying to find good Texas Country can be a challenge. While I am by no means an expert regarding Omaha, feel free to reach out if you or the Mrs. ever need any help or have any questions.

Comment

Move back to God's country, for goodness sake.

Comment

head south!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
                              born and raised Texan, lived in KS, OH, and now NW Ark. following my career. Will always be a Texan wherever I live. Always will miss it but take advantage of the good you have available in your area and get involved in the community makes it easier.
                              Keep lying to yourself - however you need to get through the day

Comment

Ain't no place like Texas. But, Omaha is not the worst you could do. Fine folks around those parts and good hunting. The whole state is a giant feeder. Mulies out west of you. Whitetails in the corn near you. Ducks on the Platte. But it can be one cold son of a gun in winter. Some of the best Gobblers I ever saw were just yards from Eppley. Make the best of it but then come home. We will keep a space for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X