Anyone do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do this?

I've been thinking about how I hate being cold while on the stand or in the blind. For my ground blind I have a propane heater that works wonderfully, but for tree stands... ugh!

So I started thinking about maybe washing a blanket in scent free stuff and putting it in a small watertight storage container and keeping it at the base of the tree. This way I wouldn't have to pack it with all of the other stuff that I have to have.

Obviously, this wouldn't work for public lands.

Better figure out how your going to keep it from falling from the tree when you get ready for the shot.

Comment

Buy a heater body suit if you are going that direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        Buy a heater body suit if you are going that direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I would agree with this, however they are pricey.

I do think the blanket idea would work. As far as worrying about it falling when you stand up to shoot, you could run some Para Cord through it and tie it around the tree so it couldn't fall.

Comment

get a heater body suit

beat me to it

Comment

Para cord or even bungee cords would work great!

Comment

A sleeping bag works good.

Comment

Afghan blanket with one hole hooked through a standard screw in step or bow holder attached to your non shooting side of the tree. Unwrap and let hang.

Comment

Tree stand body bag.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Coming from the north I have hunted some pretty good days. A good layering system is your best defense.

I am not a fan of the Heater body suits because I don't like to feel constricted. But they work great. IWOM is another option.

Comment

Tried it

Having done it before--putting blanket around shoulders, I can tell you that although better, it doesn't work WELL. Too much heat escaping. The heater body suit is #1 solution, while sleeping bag is a close second. With practice you can learn how to position yourself for easy and noiseless egress.

Comment

Electric socks and electric vest! I also have an IWOM. You can borrow anytime I'm not using it.

Comment

Check sportsmans guide I bought a sleeping bag with arms
                          ..much cheaper than a heaterbag

Comment

No, no. Electric blanket is where it's at. HF is running a deal on extension cords .

Seriously though, get you a Milwaukee suit. They are no good by themsleves imo, but if I put it under a jacket and bibs, or similar, it's very toasty.

Comment

Is your whole body getting cold or just your feet or hands? Really sounds to me like your not layering right and not using the right gear or at least not enough of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X