No announcement yet.

SpyPoint Link Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nationwide one uses att/Sprint/TMobile....whichever gets the best signal

Comment

I've had two of them on my property for over a month now with lithium batteries. They seem to be doing pretty good. The pics that it uploads to the app are low resolution but good enough to know whats going on. The plan price is per camera and if you pay for a year up front its not unreasonable. I have been happy so far.

Comment

I paired all of mine with solar/12v setups and I'll never have to worry as long as squirrels or coons dont jack em up. I'm loving them

Comment

I have one and will be returning it. Was taking good amounts of pictures but then it just stopped.

Comment

Got my first images sent to me last night. Still playing with the settings. Image quality is so so in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Image quality is reduced to send the pics to your phone. When you pull your card and upload it should be clearer

Comment

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on two of them. I have the SpyPoint Link Evo and it’s been great over the last two years. Figured for $100/ea, it’s worth a try.

Comment

I have three Spypoint wireless cams. Two are micros. They all work very well.

Comment

Made me spend $100 too. Too cheap not to try.

What are people doing for a solar panel and external battery setup? I see SpyPoint offers a kit for $50 and it is 12 volt. Does anyone know what size pin connection the camera takes and if it is center negative or positive?

Looking forward to getting mine in the field August first.

T

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I gotta decide between the Skypoint Micro and the Moultrie xv70001. With the 20% off and 50 mail in rebate it comes out to $94 bucks.

Comment

Anyone tried these in far west Texas around Dryden or Sanderson? My lease in on the Val Verde/Terrell County line and cell service sucks unless you're up on top of the mountain and then you'll be lucky to get 2 bars.

Comment

Got mine on the Academy sale, ($107) and just set it up yesterday. I got the Verizon specific model and found you can't add them to Verizon like my Spartan cam and you HAVE to use Spypoint SIM card and plans. I was pretty disappointed in that but I did find that clearly stated after I went back and looked at the specs again, so that is on me. I got the firmware updated (took several times) and found that you can't use a MICRO SD card that is bigger than 32GB as stated either. I got the online profile set up and the app installed on my phone. Very limited settings but very easy to set up. I did notice after I changed the password they provided, the app would not connect to the camera until I did forgot pw and reset it. I set it on the table and left it on and started getting pictures soon. There is a delay, even if you have it set to send on every pic. I left it on the counter overnight and got up this morning to 1500+ pictures. The only thing I can think is that the ceiling fan triggered the camera all night as there is NOTHING in the picture. I turned down the sensitivity to low and left on the counter in the same spot and it has only sent 8 pictures since 6am this morning but don't see anything that triggered it. Will turn off fan and test again. I purchased a NON Spypoint wireless antenna that I tried to connect in place of the regular antenna to see if signal is better when out in the woods, but the connection is wrong even after I asked SP customer service. The customer service is bad. They are really not very helpful and very short and rude. I will let this go for a while and will put out at lease this weekend. I don't anticipate any reception issues as I am pretty close to towers on both of my leases but will have to see when I get it out there. I will update later.

Comment

Bought a Verizon one and a Cellular Trail one. Looks like the coverage on the map is better than Verizon. Not sure what net work it is. Got my Verizon one set up at the house. So far so good. Can't beat the price although the monthly might be a little high. That may change who knows. BCB Hunter what 12 volt chord are you using the Spypoint one or a generic chord.

Comment

I have two. They worked great for a month. Now they are acting up. Had to call customer service a few times. Had to update firmware. Now having issues with the plans photo count not resetting after my month of photos. They are still not working as of today. They hooked us with a good price, but the bugs havent been worked out of their tech in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X