No announcement yet.

What’d You Get Away With?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to paint all the stop signs in our neighborhood green and write "GO" on them.

I often think kids these days need to get outside more and put the video games down, but thinking back to how I entertained myself I'm not so sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      It was in '74 in Plano when Williams Middle school was the Senior High. All I had on was a helmet and cowboy boots.
      Lets just say I know someone that did that at Richardson High School also might know a few RHS Soccer players that streaked Valley View Mall back in 76.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
        Lets just say I know someone that did that at Richardson High School also might know a few RHS Soccer players that streaked Valley View Mall back in 76.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          One time during Young Life, we set off a muratic acid bomb (which is basically just a super loud noise) and the cops and bomb squad showed up and held us all for questioning because a neighbor reported finding ball bearings (they might have, but they weren't from the bomb). That made the rounds through the parents and somehow mine never heard about it.

Muratic acid was a daily occurrence for brother and me. We were always setting something on fire or making it go boom. I’m just glad it was a time when everyone didn’t have a camera in their pocket...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            What’s the crazy thing you ever got away with or something you didn’t think would work?

Once me and some friends were throwing water balloons at cars in town. We would mostly target the high schoolers leaving the football game. We were in a pretty good spot that most people couldn’t stop and get to us before we could duck into the woods. Well after running from some pretty big football players I come out of the woods looking for my friends. Apparently the guys were hiding just inside the wood line and surrounded me quick. I’m thinking I’m about to get a beat down so I start acting mad and asking them why they are throwing water balloons at cars. They looked confused for a second and I said I had just chased some kids into the woods that had thrown something at my car. They bought it and told me they were going to hide again and I could wait with them. I waited a few minutes with them, then told them I had to leave. I was 14 and didn’t own a car. I got about a hundred yard head start, called them all idiots and took off.

We had a frame made and a water balloon launcher. We were so far away, we never got caught. So edgy, I know...

Comment

What’d You Get Away With?

I hit a Brenham sheriff’s officer right in the face with a solo cup full of keg beer running out the door of a camp house one night when I was about 16. Running through the woods that night, one person ahead of me ran full speed into a tree. One ran into about a 10’ hole they dug with a backhoe to throw trash in. Then when it starts opening up from the woods to pasture, wreeeccckkkkk! The sound of stretching barbed wire. This girl hit it full speed. She was on all fours, and I was slowing down to see if she was alright when one of my buddies came flying around me, put his foot straight in her back and used her to hurdle that **** fence. I’ve never laughed so hard in my life!

Comment

We use to throw penny's out of the bus windows going to football games at passing cars till a guy in a 18 wheeler turned around and pulled the bus over it was a very quiet ride home after that

Comment

Freshman year in college I lived on the third floor of a U-shaped dorm building, with a window facing inside the 'U'. This huge dude we all assumed was a drug dealer (he was nicknamed 'Head') always drove around campus in a TransAm with the T-top off, blaring gawd-awful music.
                  He pulled in to the 'U' portion of the dorm building and went inside for something, leaving the radio blaring for all to hear.
                  A couple of buddies and I filled up some water balloons with water and any other junk we could find quickly (white glue, etc.). While we definitely intended to land one in Head's open car, we didn't really think we would from the third floor. However, the first balloon sailed perfectly and hit his gear shift, exploding all over the interior, all over his tapes (yes, this was in 1980) - everywhere!
                  We quickly closed up the window and blinds and took off down the hall. We could still hear Head cussing at the top of this lungs when he came back out to his car.
                  His vocalizations weren't looked upon very favorably at my Baptist university (in Waco). So, the complaint fell on relatively deaf ear of campus police.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival, 1991. In the middle of town with the streets shut down. I was a senior in HS, so we went over to Louisiana to have a little fun. Me and a couple of buddies had just been accepted to TAMU and we were pretty proud of that. LSU was the first home game on the Aggies schedule that next fall and that would be our first game as students. While at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival, we drank a lot of beer and were having a great time....until....A guy walked by in a LSU t-shirt (one of thousands) and my drunk, soon-to-be college roommate yells "LSU SUCKS"....at the top of his lungs....in Breaux Bridge, La....where everyone else is also drunk.

Fast forward approximately 30 seconds and we are surrounded by a drunken mob, no exaggeration, hellbent on fighting the four of us to the death. We were back-to-back-to-back-to-back, facing our doom but ready to go down swinging. We were trying to apologize, but that fell on deaf ears. People I remember being in the mob was a guy with about a 12' python wrapped around him, a guy with a siphon hose and a lot of ****** off people that may have included Billy Cannon and Pete Maravich...probably not, but you'd have thought they all graduated from LSU...instead of Willard's Truck Driving Academy. Well, we were gonna get an *** kicking. There was one guy that was definitely the antagonist, and I'd already decided that if I was getting my butt whipped, he was going to the ground with me even if I had to chew off his nose while getting my ribs kicked it.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I see a man wade through the crowd, but as he gets closer, I see a revolver in his waist band. He was there to break it up, I hoped. When he got to the middle of the mayhem, he asked "What in the hell is going on here". I replied, "I was just fixin' to whoop the *** of this big-mouth right here". I'll never forget the words out of the antagonist's mouth as long as I live....he said, "Dad, these guys just said that LSU SUCKS". Uh...did he just call him "Dad"? Yes, yes he did.

Well, lucky for us, Dad must know that Junior is a lightweight, loud mouth that's fixin' to get his nose chewed off because he turns to us four and with his hand resting on the handle of his revolver, says "You boys better carry your asses back to Texas while you still can". Four "Yes sir" replies and we were speed walking back to the truck which was parked on the other side of town.

Morals to the story...be respectful of places you visit. Don't room with anyone in college that talks better than he fights.

BTW....Sept 14th 1991, at my first Aggie game as a student, the Ags win 45-7. Looks like my old roommate Jim was right after all.
                    I was at a party at SHSU and made a comment about one of the girls there being drunk. Well apparently it was the house owners girlfriend and he was a crazy *** rugby player. I left that party with a black eye and some new friends. Those rugby guys were all nuts but they knew how to party.

Comment

I was a fairly good growing up. In college, there was a time when my best friend and roommate, we'll call him Moffa, bought an old '93 Ford F-150 extended cab from one of our professors. It was the professor's father-in-law's truck he and his wife inherited when the FIL passed. It didn't turn over, and the professor couldn't figure out why. He didn't want to deal with fixing it and the spouse had no sentimental attachment to it, so my buddy said "Let me take a look at it and maybe I'll take it off your hands."

Well, my buddy is a shade-tree mechanic. The professor is the polar-opposite. Moffa noticed the battery wasn't connected, among a few other issues. If I remember correctly, it needed a new battery, new hoses, new gas tanks, and a few other things. I believe he paid $300 or $500 for it.

Anyway that's all beside the point or why I'm bringing it up today. What happened after he dropped the gas tanks to clean them and repair them absolutely scared the hell out of me, and is a night I'll never forget.

Before he dropped the tanks, he siphoned about 12 gallons of gas out of the two tanks that came on this truck. He put the gas, which had been sitting for about 3-4 years in the tanks, in three 5-gallon buckets and set them on the porch not knowing what else to do with it. He used 2 shower towels during the siphoning process. They were fairly soaked with gasoline. That'll come into play later.

I don't know how many of you know what 3 year old gasoline smells like, but it smells HORRIBLE. Since it was summer and our house was built in the 1920's when they used newspaper as insulation, around 7 pm when it got a bit cooler (our AC would keep the house around 85 degrees) we'd open up the windows in the house and let the cool breeze in. This particular evening had a southern wind blowing the stank from the fumes straight into the **** living room. Our house we were renting was only 900 sq ft so the entire house smelled to high heaven!

I could only bare a few hours of this and around 9 pm, as it got dark, I couldn't take it any longer. "Hey bud, you gotta do something with this gasoline. I can't take it any longer. It wreaks," I said. He agreed, apologized, and we began brainstorming ideas...

"Let's recycle it," he said.

"Can't, O'Reilly's is closed. Plus I don't even think they accept old gas."

"Yeah, I think you're right. Let's burn it."

"Yep, good idea," I agreed.

It was not a good idea.

We take the 3 almost-full 5-gallon buckets of three year old gasoline to the alley behind our house. We decided the smartest way to do this was to take our metal barrel we used as a trash can, place it in the middle of the alley made of gravel, dump the gas in the barrel and light it on fire.

What we failed to realize in the darkness of night was that the bottom of the barrel had rusted through and our gas was leaking fairly significantly. At the time, I was bit scared to drop a match into this much gasoline. But my super supportive ex-gf told me to "stop being a p***y and do it."

So I did it. That's when we saw the leak. There were two streams of gas that had pooled; one about 12 feet long by 3 feet across, and another about 4 feet by 2 feet.

All of it immediately went into flames. Huge, bright, orange and yellow flames about six feet tall. Both myself and my best friend immediately went into a panic and both screamed, We F'ed up! We F'ed up! We F'ed up!"

We didn't know what we should do - so the first thing we thought of was to beat the fire out.........

..........with those two gasoline soaked towels I told you about earlier. Both of us grabbed a towel and started throwing it overhand like we were splitting wood, with the same amount of adrenaline fueled force when trying to win a prize at the Ring-The-Bell game at the county fair. This did not work. When the soaked towels hit the pool of gasoline, little liquid clumps of lit gas would spew all over the place. It took us about 2-3 swings each before our towels were on fire and we realized this was making it worse. We threw the towels into the inferno and quickly thought of our next idea.

"GO GET THE WATER HOSE!!!" my friend yelled. I ran to the house, maybe 60 feet away from the alley, grabbed the hose, and started to run back to the fire. It was at this point that I could see how dark the smoke was. It was horribly black and I was certain giving away our location. I started to have a sinking feeling... it's the middle of summer, the grass is dry, and we have a gigantic fire in the alley that will catch the grass on fire and burn down a house or two. I started seeing my life flash in front of me. I started wondering how much jail time I would face. The worst feeling - I was only a few classes away from finishing college. It took me 7 years to get to this point (I CHANGED MAJORS THREE TIMES!) and was so close to starting my life - and it was going to start in prison.

All that went through my head as I ran to our fire with the hose in hand. The hose wasn't long enough, so from 10 feet away I put my thumb on the nozzle and started spraying it down. This wasn't working and because the gas/water not mixing, it was just spreading. I was making it worse. At this point, I saw two neighbors wondering what the hell was going on, so they came to their back porch and were watching us, one of them my nextdoor neighbor and landlord. I put the hose down in the grass hoping to stop any grass from catching on fire, and we came up with our third solution.

A bag of dirt! Our landlord had a bag of dirt in their trashcan. My buddy grabbed it and started throwing it on the fire...

The fire was getting worse. We were confused. We looked at the bag... It was fertilizer, which was flammable.

At this point we were out of ideas. I could only stare at the fire, hoping it wouldn't reach the grass. I looked up at the black clouds we had formed... I knew for certain that this much black, dark smoke would be seen by the folks in the neighborhood and the firefighters would be called out.

My buddy, I guess more determined than me to not go to prison, saw that after a minute or so, the fire was finally starting to go down and decided to start stomping out the flames. This was working, so he continued. His pants caught on fire, but after a few seconds of this, the fire was extinguished. We put extinguished his pants and after what felt like an eternity but in reality was probably 4-5 minutes, it was over.

I didn't know what to do. I just said we needed to go. Lock the door and let's go.

We went killed about an hour at Walmart and another hour at Pizza Hut. We had someone on lookout and apparently no cops ever came to our house. I'm not sure if they ever drove by to see what was happening...

Our saving grace had to have been the fact that it was black smoke on a dark night. Had we done this at twilight, I'm certain the entire town would have known. In the end, nothing was damaged, no harm was done, our house didn't smell like old gas, and we have one hell of a story we'll tell the rest of our lives.

Comment

I'm still not telling nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                          Threw a live 6’ chicken snake into the girls bathroom between periods. Needless to say there was ALOT of screaming and falling down.
                          At least you were smart enough to do it between their periods...

Comment

Some of us would go to the local country club golf course late at night and check all the doors of the sheds where the golf carts were kept. A few were usually left unlocked and we would chase each other all over the course playing destruction derby. Weaving through the trees a buddy took a short cut close to the trunk to try and hit me, but he didn't see the low limb that I had dodged. His cart still had plastic on the seats, but now was without a roof. Usually we drove them off in the brush and left them there. Never put them in the water.
                            Made the local paper a few times in the crime watch section.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                              a group of us that played football stole our rivals mascot (not a live one) and painted it our school colors. Then we put it back; used grass killer to put our school initials in their field and we played them at their place that friday night and won.
                              hello bellaire lol

Comment

I guess I’m past statute of limitations on this one so I’ll tell it without too many specifics lol

Sometime during high school my family moved closer to the Texas border. My sister was a year older than me, and we both liked to raised hell pretty good. Mostly she just tagged along for my hell raising. We had just gotten to our new home, and only been there a week or two. We didn’t know anyone, so we decided we were going back roading. We grabbed a 12 pack of coors and took off in my truck. I drove a Z71 with a heavy front end replacement, and it had killed its share of hogs, deer, mesquite trees, and road signs. I also kept an electric drill in my back seat to make quick work of any road signs that I may have wanted after knocking them down.

Well we’re rolling down unfamiliar to us some dirt roads, and come out at the highway. We had each had 2-3 beers when we came out, and we look to our right and what do we see? You guessed it. The Texas state line sign! Not the biggest ones they have, but pretty good size. I’d guess 10’x8’ if I was a guessing man lol Well I turn my truck straight to the ditch and tell my sister to grab my drill. I took the sign to the ground with two hits, since it was held up with two poles. She jumps out and hits the bolts quick. We were barely able to get the sign in the bed of my truck, and it stuck out the back 3-4’ and over the sides by a couple feet as well. We haul *** back to the house, and surprisingly my parents were still awake. My mom was ****** when she saw what we were so proud of

Comment

Working...
                                X