Dove Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    LOL...seriously though...I have never heard anybody say my dove belt is hot around the waistline...usually just hear that from vest wearers..
    LOL well a belt certainly isnt hot up top.

i'll have to go back and reread what I posted. May have misspoken. My primary complaint of the Filson belt (or belt bags in general) was the sagging when full and the interference with the belt buckle on my pants. But a bag full of warm birds pressing on your hips/crack and blocking the breeze certainly doesnt cool you down.

Talk about Deja Vu. Was it Jerp that had a similar thread recently?

Comment

$89.95 Whaaaaat?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I added some wide suspenders - the kind made for tool belts - to my Filson round-the-waist bird bag. It is much more comfortable with the weight on your shoulders and you don't get that sag on one side when it is loaded with shells.
        That's what I do as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
          Any of you seen this? If it will fit my chest I'll sure think about getting one.

This is the Ultimate Dove Hunting Vest. Much cooler and lots more storage and comfort than other bird hunting vests, and way more than the common dove hunting belt. Six-way adjustability to fit any size hunter, and loaded with features.

Seems like a good idea but I have to see one in person first.
          Check out the WingWorks bags. www.wingworks.biz

Comment

Cool concept.

Comment

I dont never hit any so I just stand there and drink.

Comment

Seems like a lot going on there. I like the simplicity of a standard 3 bag belt. I can see how the suspenders would be nice, but there are a lot of additional pockets on that one. I can see myself fumbling in the heat of the moment searching for the correct one...

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  Doesn’t say how many beers it holds

Someone report back and I may be interested
                  Looks like it will hold a 2 beer tumbler. I’d be sold, but every time I notice I need to move a bit to get more in the flight path I just move the truck over there and put the tailgate down.

Comment

I added some horse hair suspenders to a king ranch waxed canvas bird bag and to me it’s the perfect combo. It’s not hot like a vest and doesn’t pull your pants down.

Comment

I have been using a McAlister Guide Vest for a long time, at least 20 years for both duck and dove hunting and it's the best I have found. It is similar to the Wing Works without all the extra bottle pockets. I think once you try a suspender style vest, you will never go back.

Comment

Beretta waxgear has been my current favorite. Browning used to make an awesome one as well, but I haven’t been able to find them in several years. Both better than filson and less upkeep

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I dont never hit any so I just stand there and drink.
                          Bwahahaha! Ditto! Just run some rope thru some wal-mart bags in case I give one of em a heart attack!!!

Comment

Shop for upland hunting apparel, clothing and accessories at Upland Gear, home of the Quail and Dove Cady hunting belt: shopping for bird hunting season.

Comment

That’s pretty cool but man that’s kind of expensive. It does look well made however

Comment

Working...
                              X