Spott Hogg Fast Eddie XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
    I've been using one for 3 years now and have no desire to replace it. I would recommend the double pin over the single. At 278fps and sighted in at 20, the 2nd pin is dead on at 35 with the dovetail half way out.
    Yep yep, sitting in stands... my chip shot feeder shot pin, and that sucker that is hung up on far side pin

Comment

Also the benefit of the XL is to be able to move your sight in and out to get a better peep/sight housing sight picture. May not make a difference at 20 yards much, but the further you shoot the more it helps.

Comment

Been looking at going with a single pin myself. Any issues with what appears to be a white plastic gear on this sight in picts? Have yet to see one up close and try it out. But can’t help but wonder if this is a point of concern? To the OP. Since this is already a posting on the FE XL hope you don’t mind me throwing this question out there.

Thanks.

Comment

Not at all

Comment

Love mine, shot it for two coming up on three seasons. Double pin XL with the extra sight rings. I don't see myself going to anything different for awhile.

Comment

I used the Fast eddie with the double pin, perfect for Midwest whitetail hunting, site the top for 20 and the second pin is 35

Comment

Another fast Eddie double pin user here. I absolutely love mine. It’s kinda tough to sight in dead nuts, if you’re not comfortable shooting 60 yards tho. It took me a while when I first got mine. It’s good now tho. I won’t be switching for quite some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love mine as well. Before you sight it in, just make sure you bring the housing close enough to the riser so you have full clearance at longer shots (I learned that the hard way).

Comment

The Fast Eddie is awesome. Get the dovetail double pin. Like others have said, in most tree stand situations I never have to adjust my sight. The only knock I have is that the fiber optic doesn't collect light all that well imo

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
                      The Fast Eddie is awesome. Get the dovetail double pin. Like others have said, in most tree stand situations I never have to adjust my sight. The only knock I have is that the fiber optic doesn't collect light all that well imo
                      I agree that it doesn’t gather light the best, especially in groundblinds or box blinds. But the light takes care of that. But other than that I love the sight

The black gold whitetail looks good to me as well, the only disadvantage is that it doesn’t have the double pin

Comment

I have a 3-pin spot Hogg and I’d rather have the single pin. Just clears up the sight picture a bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X