Chapparal Javalena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapparal Javalena

We were drawn for the Javi hunt the weekend of Feb 8th, anybody else going that weekend? Going to be staying in the lot that allows generators in it, taking my buddies trailer. Haven’t been down there in about 15 years, hope to have a great weekend.

JBarr drew with his son

Comment

Corn, corn and more corn. I corn as much road as possible and eventually you'll find them. They seem to be fair weather so if it's nice, hunt all day and move from spot to spot.

Take a call and thin a few yotes while you're at it. Great bonus action on the hunt.

Best of luck.

Comment

I plan on going. East side I think has a higher population of them...from what I have seen.

Comment

Thanks, I hope to get a good one. Couldn’t feed last time I was there, made for a much harder hunt. The only one I saw was between me and a buddy’s truck as he was coming to pick me up. Hope to have a few more TBHers there, always meet some good people on these hunts.

Comment

Corn 4 ways. Lawn chairs - radio - lunch etc. I would even get out there until about 8 am and stay until dusk.

Comment

If you have another 4 way close corn it too and just walk down and check it once in a while

Comment

Not sure about the javelina population, but its been rumored there are warthogs on the Chap and several surrounding ranches. I beleive several have been killed on the public hunts. Now that would be a cool kill!

Comment

Ill be down there for this hunt as well. Bringing lots of corn and ammo

Comment

I would love to get a warthog, that would be awesome!

Any of y’all staying in the camp area that allows generators? Last time, we had the whole campground to ourselves. We’re heading down Thursday, hope to get there mid afternoon.

Comment

We’re a week away, just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else is going.

Comment

I actually put in for the hunt but didn't draw it.

Good luck on your hunt. I'm sure it will be a blast. Keep us updated!!!

Comment

I still plan on going. Not sure where I will stay though.

Comment

I will be with a buddy from college, my dad and uncle. Have another buddy thinking about trying standby, hopefully he gets drawn. We’ll have to meet up, and drink a cold one. I will attempt a live thread, not sure about the cell service down there. I’m pretty easy to find, I’m 6’7, and easy to find in a crowd.

Comment

Ill def add to the thread once you get it started. My buddy and I are headed down thursday and are staying in town. We have the tailgate feeder ready and gotta buy the corn. Good luck to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X