White bass lake in mid March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White bass lake in mid March

Looking to take a fishing trip for whites in mid March. We usually go to LBJ, but it's still closed from the flooding. Hopefully it's a lake in between Ft Worth and Kingsland.

Buchanan

Comment

Belton lake will fill your boat

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Buchanan

Colorado Bend State Park

Bring a small boat, enjoy waterfalls, white bass, catfish, hiking. Heck you can maybe even stay at my cabin.

Comment

Will they be running up rivers on buchanon or out on the lake? Ive never been out on that lake.

Comment

Please please please come catch every dang white bass in Buchanan. Hate those shad killing a-holes. To answer your other question yes they should be running up the Colorado and should be good this yr with the flow. If you have a boat you will see smaller runs but less pressure up Silver, Morgan, and Council creek. If you have a boat drag planer boards with 8-10" gizzards for trophy stripers and Hybrids. Whites can always be caught on the main lake. I very seldom venture up north during the run due to a he crazys. Unless I'm trophy fishing then I break out planer boards.
            Last edited by BrandonA; 01-14-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Again if you have a boat with big motor you troll the river channel between Silver and Highline. I would recommend the 3" Bomber Model A in Striper color or anything that dives less than 15. Should keep you out of the trees.. The reason is those big sow stripers gather at the mouth waiting for the young white bass to migrate back down into the main lake to have an orgy feast. Late March is best.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Again if you have a boat with big motor you troll the river channel between Silver and Highline. I would recommend the 3" Bomber Model A in Striper color or anything that dives less than 15. Should keep you out of the trees.. The reason is those big sow stripers gather at the mouth waiting for the young white bass to migrate back down into the main lake to have an orgy feast. Late March is best.
                Yes I have boat. Is silver and highline creeks channels? Thanks for the help

Comment

It’s fun fishing up there!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                    Yes I have boat. Is silver and highline creeks channels? Thanks for the help
                    High line is a resort at the north end right before you enter the . Silver is the last major creek system that feed the main lake at the NW end.

Comment

Canyon Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by hunting270 View Post
                        Canyon Lake.
                        Right now is trophy Striper fishing on Canyon if ya know what to do. 20-30+ pound fish

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Right now is trophy Striper fishing on Canyon if ya know what to do. 20-30+ pound fish
                          Cool when we going lol

Comment

What is a white bass?

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                              Cool when we going lol
                              If I weren’t moving into a new house I would be going now

Comment

Working...
                              X