X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good info!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you go with the water hose connected to pvc I would suggest putting an inexpensive metal ball valve on the pvc where the water hose joins. Going 10ft is not that far but if you run into an issue you can shut the water off with the ball valve and not have to run back to the faucet.

>E

Comment

If you can find a rat, put him in the hole and I'll lend you my Jack Russell !

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
          If you go with the water hose connected to pvc I would suggest putting an inexpensive metal ball valve on the pvc where the water hose joins. Going 10ft is not that far but if you run into an issue you can shut the water off with the ball valve and not have to run back to the faucet.

>E
          And just cut the front end at a 45 degree angle. It's pretty common in the cable and phone drop bury world. They call it a water bore. Generally you tape the drop to the pvc and pull it back through....but since you want pipe under the driveway just cut it and leave it. That's fairly obvious, lol.

Comment

Ive done the water and pipe method also. In my neck of the woods it be real easy right now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

You can buy this at Home Depot:

Costs less than $5. I’ve used it and it works great (as long as you dont have rocky soil or caliche.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Ive done the water and pipe method also. In my neck of the woods it be real easy right now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Most driveways have a 3-4 inch sand base under them.

Comment

If you use the sidewalk kit you can cut the nozzle end and hose end with a foot or so of pipe left on it and use it 4 or 5 times . Just use 3/4 couplings to attach to the new pipe each time ..

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Vermeer missile and an air compressor...or a Ditch Witch drectional rig.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    You got that backwards, Vermeer directional or a Ditch Witch missile!

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
                      You got that backwards, Vermeer directional or a Ditch Witch missile!
                      That too. Lol.

Comment

Oh, you dont need a water bore setup for a **** sidewalk bore. Just a ground rod and a sledge hammer for old school. A cordless drill and a 6 ft flex bit for current times.

Comment

Home depot sells a 3/4" nozzle attachment that has a water jet and a hose attachment. It works great, all you need is a 1" piece of pipe a little longer than the drive, and some 3/4 to 1" couplings. Run the pipe all the way through, the just pop the attachments off to keep in the garage. The attachment combos costs about $10 bucks, its worth a try. I use it and it works pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
                            Water hose, 1” pvc, pipe cap with hole drilled in the end to raise pressure. Dig a small trench going away from the driveway long enough so your pipe is flat the depth that you need. Assuming you don’t have any rock, you can blow through that in less then an hour.
                            I will forever remember this, sir!

Comment

Piece of cake. Use the Home Depot walkway tunnel kit as advised above. I used that to put a 4-inch pipe under a 12-foot span of deck that was flush on the ground.

Be prepared for a little mud.

Comment

Working...
                              X