Patio cover post hole in Solid Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patio cover post hole in Solid Rock

Getting ready for a Spring Project at my Mini - Cabin.. a covered area for shade ... But the ground is almost solid Rock 6" down...
    One end is going to be attached to the cabin but the other end needs post ancors .. I figure 3 ancors for a 10' length.
    Going to be a light tin roof with 2 x 4 frame and 4 x 4 post's.

Any experience or suggestions

Just use the concrete blocks. The weight of the frame will hold it down.

Comment

At the post location, drive a T post as deep as you can, then cut the post off leaving about 5 inches.

At Home Depot etc., they have the metal bases for 4x4 posts, but you can make them cheaper.
      Get free shipping on qualified Simpson Strong-Tie Post Bases products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Building Materials Department.

Choose your post bracket method and make a concrete form about 18" square out of 2x6 and pour a concrete base with the post bracket in place.

Comment

Or drill and put anchor bolts in the rock. Secure brackets to the rock and to your support posts like with concrete.

Comment

You could use the west Texas anchor system...... build your cover and the anchor it with a couple of barrels of rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcatcher View Post
            At the post location, drive a T post as deep as you can, then cut the post off leaving about 5 inches.

At Home Depot etc., they have the metal bases for 4x4 posts, but you can make them cheaper.
            Get free shipping on qualified Simpson Strong-Tie Post Bases products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Building Materials Department.

Choose your post bracket method and make a concrete form about 18" square out of 2x6 and pour a concrete base with the post bracket in place.
            Just use the post anchors and drill the rock and bolt to the rock. Use an 8 or 10” wedge anchor bolt

Comment

Hammer drill

Comment

I rented a 60lb jackhammer to put in a basketball goal.

Comment

I'll Have to check the tool rental at Lowe's or Home Depot .. and see if It's an option..

Comment

Working...
                  X