No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Syria and Russia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless we want to become a colonial empire, we need to stay out of it.

If the argument is that we must stop the murder of innocent people, then why have we not stepped into the situation in the many countries in Africa? Does the weapon matter? Is some form of gas more bad than thugs in trucks with mounted automatic weapons shooting up a village of rivals? What about the situation in S. Africa?

If we are going to put soldiers in harms way to defend those who cannot defend themselves, we should be doing it all over the world. And then we should completely wipe out those who were responsible. Those people will probably use innocent people as human shields. In which case, we'll have to be ok with taking out some innocent people so that we can get the bad guys. Otherwise, we wind up with another place like Afghanistan or Iraq. Then once we are done wiping out the bad guys that are there, we need to stay and rule the place. If we don't there will be plenty of other bad guys waiting until we leave to fill the gap. And when, I say stay and rule, I mean we need to treat it like a colony. We install our own government there with governors that we appoint. At a certain point, we may be able to let the people of those colonies begin to gradually vote in their own representatives, but not early on. If we do it too soon, we risk allowing radical factions to take over in an unstable situation. We must stabilize the colony first before we had over rule to the people there.

This is extreme, I understand that. And please understand, I do not actually want this situation to take place. But if we do go in and take out the Syrian leaders, we are going to have another Iraq on our hands, unless we give it to Russia. I don't think we would actually do it.

Bottom line for me is that we be consistent across the globe. We take our everyone who is harming innocent people and then govern the place ourselves or we stay out of it. This plan that we've been on the last 17 years isn't working.

Sorry, end of rant. I'll go get lunch now.

Comment

I would say there's a big difference between then and now. Our government isn't seeking to help anyone. Only manipulate a situation for profit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        We had plenty of outside help we we fought the British for our independence.
        Most people like to gloss over that the French supplied us military training, munitions, troops, naval power, and kept England quite busy with a war (which the Spanish and Dutch later joined) of their own during our fight for independence. Had we not had such assistance, the war would likely have been much different.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Yeah look how that worked out in Afghanistan.
          It's not our place to be the world police and bully. Spend money at home on America.

I agree with this.. I HATE to see dead babies as much as anyone and more than some but this is a no win, never going to win, situation..

"We are pushing a chain here folks" its hopeless.

These tragedies have been being committed by the leaders of these countries, on there own people, since the beginning of time.. It will never stop..
          We will never stop it.. It is a waste of time. We have our own MAJOR problems in this country that are beginning to get out of hand.. For the life of me I do not understand the games we play with our money and our greatly depleted military.. Its a recipe for disaster...

Comment

I say we go for it. If Im correct and Im pretty sure I am we have an awesome recent track record of going to war in the middle east and taking out the current dictator. Literally nothing can go wrong.

Comment

The French helped us because it served their own interests in their conflict with England.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                The French helped us because it served their own interests in their conflict with England.

No doubt about it, no country does anything out of the kindness of their hearts, but I'm sure glad they did.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  I say we go for it. If Im correct and Im pretty sure I am we have an awesome recent track record of going to war in the middle east and taking out the current dictator. Literally nothing can go wrong.
                  Hey if you lose the first two, you can always say best of 5, right?

Comment

Change of heart - just let our guys be safe. Take care of our guys' lives and just stop with the humanitarian nonsense.

We all know its nonsense. Yes they are bad people, but we have enough issues to deal with here.

Comment

As long as we dont import the bad people into this country, and/or sending them pallets full of cash, I really dont care what they do in their own country.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        As long as we dont import the bad people into this country, and/or sending them pallets full of cash, I really dont care what they do in their own country.
                        Uuh to late for that.. Already Been done.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                          You mean the 100,000 Syrian refugees (aka Democrat voters) Hillary promised to deliver the US in her first year of presidency?
                          Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 04-13-2018, 01:11 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Working...
                          X