Age and score, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and score, please

I’m terrible at aging and scoring on the hoof. I’m guessing 4 years old and maybe 140? This is the only picture I have of him. He’s pretty camera shy. I see him all the time, but he just doesn’t like popping up on camera. I’m thinking with the way he looks in a major drought, I need to let him walk another year or two.
    Attached Files

Really nice buck but I do not think he will make 140. Summer time deer that you have no history with are extremely hard to age. But, I would guess him to be a 5 yr old.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
      Really nice buck but I do not think he will make 140. Summer time deer that you have no history with are extremely hard to age. But, I would guess him to be a 5 yr old.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
        This. Weak g4 and weak brows. Handsome buck for sure.

Comment

He maybe 5 I say he will be around 140-141 Has good beams good spread and good 2s,3s and one decent 4

Comment

Solid 5 and high 30s. Nice deer.

Comment

5yo - I think that deer finishes right at 140''

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                5yo - I think that deer finishes right at 140''
                I agree with this

Comment

I see middle aged and 130’s. I personally would walk him and hope he makes it to a wet year. But he’s a very nice deer.
                  I Got a very similar deer here, but targeting a short tined older buck.

Comment

Nice Buck I have a hard time letting him walk

Comment

Hard to tell alot off that pic but prob upper 130 and min 5yr old. Depending on a better pic he could be 6 just can't see details. What county? Do you have history on him? Alot say he is maybe down because of drought but I see alot of deer have their best yrs in drought. I'd base decision off history.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                        Nice Buck I have a hard time letting him walk
                        I’ll let him walk unless one of my kids see him. There’s a bigger, older deer I have in my sights. Good to see I wasn’t too far off on my estimates.

Comment

Mid 130's buck. Great structure though!

Comment

Looks older to me. Maybe mid-high 130’s? And unless you know him from last year there is no way to tell if he is down this year. Do you have history with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Looks older to me. Maybe mid-high 130’s? And unless you know him from last year there is no way to tell if he is down this year. Do you have history with him?
                              Maybe. I got another pic of him the other day and he appears to be growing a kicker on his g2. Two years ago, I had a 3.5 year old deer that looked identical to this one with the kicker. We had a really good antler year back then and I think he would’ve scored 160. Didn’t see him at all last year and no pictures surfaced of him getting killed anywhere. I’m only 75% sure this is the same deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X