Electricity plan renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricity plan renewal

Up for renewal, trying to weed through the fine print. Anyone renewed lately have any suggestions? Thanks everyone

Sign up for energy ogre! I was a skeptic but they have eliminated this headache for us.

Comment

Going to check on that for sure. Anyone else have any suggestions or use energy ogre?

Comment

All I can tell you is good luck, rates about doubled.

Comment

Energy ogre all the way

Comment

Just go to power to choose and pick the lowest one. I looked the other day and I think it was 14 cents for the cheapest. They are making you lock in longer terms to get a lower rate but I don’t see rates getting much lower for awhile.

Comment

Texas Power Agents, essentially a small family run Energy Ogre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah I just renewed and spent hours researching - $14 cents is about the best you can find - I use www.powertochoose.com - I locked in a 3 year rate at 13 cents because I believe it is not going down

Comment

We are with Energy Ogre as well, no complaints.

Comment

If you don't want to mess with doing it yourself then EnergyOgre. I can beat them every time in my situation so I am not paying them to do what I can do. At least when I put my numbers in the website says something like "you have chosen well, we cannot save you money" then go into a spill about why I should sign up and pay them anyway.

If you are up for renewal check your renewal rate against Powertochoose, then call and talk to CS if they are a little higher and see what they will do. My current one dropped the new rate below what I could get. If they can't beat others then go with the cheaper ones (with good customer scores of course)

Mine went from .05 to .13 at renewal so get ready for the price shock

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      If you don't want to mess with doing it yourself then EnergyOgre. I can beat them every time in my situation so I am not paying them to do what I can do. At least when I put my numbers in the website says something like "you have chosen well, we cannot save you money" then go into a spill about why I should sign up and pay them anyway.

If you are up for renewal check your renewal rate against Powertochoose, then call and talk to CS if they are a little higher and see what they will do. My current one dropped the new rate below what I could get. If they can't beat others then go with the cheaper ones (with good customer scores of course)

Mine went from .05 to .13 at renewal so get ready for the price shock
                      I checked mine and it is the same. Renewal will be painful. Energy
                      Org 2 months back moved me to Reliant so I guess I will be ok for a while.

Just did the math. At .13 last months bill would of been $846.90

FJB...
                      Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 07-11-2022, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Figure out when you use power. We use more than 40% of the power we consume on the weekends. So we went with a higher rate (19 cents) that has free electricity starting Friday at 7 pm, until 6 am Monday morning.

It's looking like we will come out ahead of our plan where we were at 13 cents all the time.

Good luck.

Comment

Look at the Electricity Facts Label. It'll give you the base rate per kwh, the utility pass through rate per kwh, and any monthly fee for the plan. What you'll find is that most of them have the same pass through charge for the utility. The rest is marketing BS. "You get free nights (from 8pm to 6pm)" sounds great then you look and the all other times rate is alot higher per kwh. Or the rate will be a couple cents lower, but there's a $10 monthly fee. Pick the lowest $/kwh based on your usage. It takes time to weed through them. Personally I stick with the bigger ones like Reliant because they cost about the same as everyone once you do a little grunt work. That and I don't have to worry about "joe bobs cut rate electric company" not having a website that works.

Comment

Energy Ogre just renewed me with PowerNext at a rate increase from $.05 to $.13 kwh, my June Bill was $1090 which is more than double what I paid last July although my usage this year was higher. These rates are insane and yet I am still getting daily warnings from ERCOT to conserve power. Shame on them.

ac

Comment

I have $0.049 with gexa. Thank the lord my contract goes through April 2023. Hoping things improve by then. I have a feeling we'll be paying for the winter storm for a long time. Among many other issues.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X