Deer meat mld??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer meat mld??

So I friend of mine is on large ranch that is culling off some deer with their mld tags. He asked me if I would like some meat and of course I said yes.

But question is, if he gives me the meat how dose all that work with the processor, tags, transport ect.. I would prolly quarter and bone it out myself (from what I understand they will be hanging for a few days). Just didn’t know what the processor would say after season and all that?? Anyone have any answers?

As long as he fills out a wildlife resource document and presents it with the meat it is no issue at all.

Comment

Once you get home and it’s deboned the processor doesn’t even ask for a tag

Comment

Get the MLD tag or a wildlife resource document and you will be fine.

Comment

any processor that does not know about the MLD tag/season is probably not going to take it anyway. Alot of processors dont accept whitetails after the general season for various reasons. Whoever your planning on using, you should call them first.

Comment

Just dropped of a doe at Westphalia, same deal, buddy of mine shot it and tagged it with a mld tag and gave it to me. Showed them the tag and that was it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell them its fallow

Comment

If it’s completely deboned, no tags necessary. At some point most processors will shut down until next season. I would suspect most if not all are still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the info guys i guess ill call my processor and see if he will still take the venison if not i will get my grinder out and do it my self

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    Once you get home and it’s deboned the processor doesn’t even ask for a tag
                    Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    If it’s completely deboned, no tags necessary. At some point most processors will shut down until next season. I would suspect most if not all are still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    This

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, how late does the MLD season run?

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                        Dang, how late does the MLD season run?
                        Until day after tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X