Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning and painting a pipe fence Tyler area!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning and painting a pipe fence Tyler area!

Anybody got any suggestions? It need to be cleaned and painted. 487’ of pipe fence with 2 gates and 4 cross pieces of sucker rod per section! My old lady thinks this is a project for us this winter but I know it’s a project for us for 3’ and me the remaining 484’ so I would just assume hire it out and fish those day!

TIA!

Slew

Have it sandblasted? Then u and her paint it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not fun or easy however it’s done, unless you hire it out I guess . Is it bare currently or have an old coat of paint on it? If bare, it won’t be as bad. Ospho and a very good industrial primer is a must! A freshly painted fence sure does look nice!

Comment

I’d rather run through 2 acres of tasajillo in a speedo than paint that much pipe rail fence. Good luck.

Comment

Rust will give it a vintage look.

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
            Have it sandblasted? Then u and her paint it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
            Problem lies that I don’t want to paint 484’ of fence! Heck I don’t want to paint any fence! I hate painting anything and raking leaves!

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
            It’s not fun or easy however it’s done, unless you hire it out I guess . Is it bare currently or have an old coat of paint on it? If bare, it won’t be as bad. Ospho and a very good industrial primer is a must! A freshly painted fence sure does look nice!
            We’ve needed to paint it again for years! All but maybe 50’ is painted and needs to be cleaned off and re painted!

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
            Rust will give it a vintage look.
            That’s what I told her and all I got was an eye roll!

Comment

I think I got PTSD just reading this thread! I worked at a big feedyard in the panhandle in High School and painted many miles of that stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                I think I got PTSD just reading this thread! I worked at a big feedyard in the panhandle in High School and painted many miles of that stuff!
                I worked on tugboats in college! When we weren’t building tow we chipped and painted! Nobody wanted to cook so I was glad to do that! Sit in an air conditioned kitchen with TV was way better than a metal deck of a boat in S La in august!

I don’t even know what the going rate for this is if I find somebody!

Comment

After painting some rusty feeder barrels last week, I am not painting my pipe entrance
                  Rust is a nice color

BP

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I am lucky I guess, my wife likes the "patina" look in most things

I was going to paint our entrance and she insisted the rustic look was more her style so I never mentioned it again

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        I am lucky I guess, my wife likes the "patina" look in most things

I was going to paint our entrance and she insisted the rustic look was more her style so I never mentioned it again
                        Lucky!

Comment

In my experience, paint it rust red so that when you give up after 50’, it doesn’t loook so bad.

Comment

Sherwin Williams makes a product that you can stray on with a garden sprayer that will remove the rust overnight and turn it a black color.

Comment

I remember using this on fresh hand rails while working as a Roustabout about a zillion years ago. We would spray this on after welding them up. Then the next day we primed it with red oxide, let dry and top coat with what ever color you want.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X