Cold weather hunting boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weather hunting boots

Need some gooduns for Wyoming winter temps. Whatcha suggest?

I have a pair of Meindl boots and they are fantastic! I’ve used them in very cold weather in New Mexico, Colorado, and South Dakota. Walked a many of miles hunting pheasants and hiked plenty looking for Mulies and they have performed well in every aspect.

Comment

I have hot feet so I wear uninsulated boots and just swap wool socks depending on temps. Unless sitting in a blind in Sask middle of December, really no reason to have insulated boots unless you just get cold easily.

Comment

I wear Crispi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got some crispis (400g) for a late season mule deer hunt up there this yr. They are comfortable and not much break in but are a little on the heavy side.

Comment

muck woody max. used them in the low teens with one pair of good wool socks, no problems at all

Comment

I gotta ask when are you coming and what are you hunting?

Spouse has some Grizzly pack boots he has worn for some deep snow and bitter cold but usually opts for 200-400gr insulated boots. Kenetrek makes some good hunting packs but they are pricey.

Get some gaiters for snow. Waterproof really is important for snow hunting too.

Comment

Crispi 200gr have served me well in October in Wyoming, late December in Utah (lots of snow), September in South Dakota, and May in Idaho.

Comment

I like my Sorel 1964s and my Crispis.

Comment

Are you going to be doing a lot of walking?

Comment

I like to run 400g insulated boots, Hunted 2 weeks in the snow and my feet never got cold, just keep a few pairs of good wool socks. I like to take different weight darn tough wool socks so I can switch depending on if my feet get too hot or cold.

Comment

If you are going to be walking a lot you will most likely not want the extra weight of a lot of insulation, if any.

Comment

More or less casual outside hunting/hiking/ whatever.

Comment

Sorels are hard to beat. Bought mine 27 years ago when I lived in Alaska. Still use 'em today when it's super cold outside.

Comment

Originally posted by black dallas View Post
                              muck woody max. used them in the low teens with one pair of good wool socks, no problems at all

ditto

Comment

Working...
                              X