73 Toyota Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73 Toyota Land Cruiser

I have an original '73 Toyota Land Cruiser. I've had it for 10 years in the garage. Haven't started it in over 5 years but everything is there. I just don't want to tackle restoring it at my age (74). So, mama, demands that I get rid of it. Anybody have any ideas on what it is worth? Fully restored it looks like they'd go for anything from 25K to over 40. Interested in what the green screen thinks.

Pics?

Comment

I would sure be interested in seeing some photos and discussing the value of it with you.

Comment

I know someone who sold a rough body none running 78 landcruiser for 15k and it was full of rust

Comment

Most desirable are 1976 and newer. Older models with the 3 speed just don’t bring as much.

Comment

if you want to see top dollar amounts, search bringatrailer.com

My buddy is constantly drooling over land cruisers on that site.

Comment

FJ40 or FJ60?

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1973 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #68,902.

Here's a pretty sweet rig that sold for $51,000

Comment

Thanks for the responses

Can't post any pics because (lucky me) I'm up in Colorado trying to escape the heat. As I write this it's 51 outside and overcast and I'm loving it. I'll be home end of next week and I'll post a pic.

Comment

Assuming your asking about 40's and not 55's.....value can be all over the board. Recent years have seen a significant increase. I've owned many ranging from '68 to '78 including a few I've built from ground up. I regret selling a few.

'74 is a split year with a few upgrades with the motor and transmission before full on change in '75 included body modifications. The '73 will still have front drum brakes, a 1F motor, 3 speed transmission, and bench front seat. I personally like the early models and the reason why I still own one. The early years such as yours can bring less or more depending on tasteful upgrades to the motor, brakes, etc. depending on the buyer? '75 on will bring more money bone stock with the purists without question.

I'm seeing earlier years that are total basket of bolts, non running, with a lot rust fetch $5-10k easily. Depending on whats missing, it would cost twice to rebuild what it will ever be worth. Clean examples can easily bring $20-25k or more for someone that doesn't know what they are looking at or care. '75 up can be double for those who know values.

IH8MUD classifieds can give you a good reference of value and whats out there. It would also be a good place to list it for sale.

Comment

good luck with the sale....

Comment

just here for the pics once they are posted. cant get enough of those old fjs.

Comment

Working...
                        X