No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great weekend with a couple of my boys, daughter-in-law, boatload of grandkids. We had some burgers and hot dogs yesterday. Kids played in the creek for hours. They came back and told me that they saw fish and I knew that we didn't have fish in the creek so I offered them $5 for each fish to they could catch. Next thing I know they were making fishing lines and grabbing buckets and taking off for the woods. Well that cost me $10 because they brought back two perch out of a creek that I've never seen a fish in.

All the kids got to drive the mule around the property. We went to a new property down the road that I got access to hunt and showed them around. Everybody swam in the 9 ft poly tank.

and all the poor kids believed me about the Bigfoot living on the property

Good times.

Semper Fi

Comment

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Leave it to Bobby to scar those kids forever with the Bigfoot sightings. I also see a snipe hunt or 3 in their future. [emoji12]

Good group of bachelor bucks Boooby!

Comment

Well since I picked up a new place to hunt down the road I have been doing most of my work down there to get it ready for deer season. I got two feeders running that were antiques but they both seem to be working good. There was a third winch up feeder that was beyond help. I've had as many as 5 does on camera at one time. Not bad for a small place next to the highway.

I have a bow stand which is a 15 ft double ladder stand. It was already in place and seems to be in good shape. I don't like the setup.... it's too out in the open and not in the best spot for a South wind. I just don't know if I want to move it or not. The other stand has a 4x4 rifle stand that should be fun. I haven't got permission yet to take the grandkids but I'm working on it. I spent several hours today with my tractor and brush hog clearing chest high grass and trees and weeds. Place looks great now.

This little 19 acre place is awesome. It has an artesian well that runs 24/7. Plenty of water for the deer. Has a creek running through it. Huge oak trees and some awesome bull pines.

I'm friends with the next door neighbor and he doesn't hunt and told me to let him know when I will be hunting so he won't drive around. Bordered on The other side by 40 acre tract owned by the same man that isn't hunted. It's mostly pasture over there. And then the highway is on one side. And to top it off my brother-in-law just bought the property across the private road from this property so all is good.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Chew; 08-26-2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Sweet sounding hook up, looking forward to updates[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a trail cam video of 5 doe at once...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDcXm4QKrY"]5 Does - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Some of those trees look like great trees to hang a stand in!

Is it in a flood bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Some of those trees look like great trees to hang a stand in!

Is it in a flood bottom?

I think it is in a flood zone. But hasn't flooded in several decades. Spring fed creek....like mine down the road.

Comment

Thanks for answering. The second pic is what made me wonder if it was in a bottom flood plain. Young trees and the ground cover looks like it could stay wet for a while.

Place looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Thanks for answering. The second pic is what made me wonder if it was in a bottom flood plain. Young trees and the ground cover looks like it could stay wet for a while.

Place looks promising.
                    That's actually the lowest spot of the property that starts up near the artesian well. It stays damp in there. It's been pretty dry here up until the last few weeks where we've had a lot of rain

Comment

Best $10 you've spent

Comment

Originally posted by Redfeathers View Post
                        Best $10 you've spent
                        I know I should know what you're talking about but I don't. Help me out. [emoji38]

Comment

Well that cost me $10 because they brought back two perch out of a creek that I've never seen a fish in.

^^This

Comment

Originally posted by Redfeathers View Post
                            Well that cost me $10 because they brought back two perch out of a creek that I've never seen a fish in.

^^This
                            Gotcha. Yeah that was definitely well worth it!

Comment

Something soothing about a day's work on a tractor. Hot or not

Place looks good bobby

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a good looking spot you have cleaned up. Even if you weren’t seeing deer it would be a good place just to sit and hang out in the blind. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X