Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t sound GOF friendly to me.

Comment

I keep my license linked to my app and that's handy in case I forget my wallet (for non-tagging hunting or fishing)...but I worry about the requirement to have cell phone service and have your phone charged. Probably will stick with the paper license this year.

Comment

Surely not worried about TPWD spying on my phone.

I like the sound of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
          Surely not worried about TPWD spying on my phone.

I like the sound of it!!!
          Hmmmm, not so sure about that:

INSPECTION AUTHORITY: A game warden who observes a person engaged in an activity governed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code or reasonably believes that a person is or has been engaged in such an activity may inspect:
          any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;

any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource;
          any wildlife resource in the person's possession; and
          the contents of any container or receptacle that is commonly used to store or conceal a wildlife resource.

If your license is on your phone, this seems to me to give GWs authority to look at your phone. Whether or not they can look at anything else on your phone, or even touch it, while looking at your license is a good question. Maybe a LEO or an attorney can chime in here.

Comment

I'm old fashion i want my traditional style hunting license. I just don't see any reason to try some newfangled idea, that some millennial wipersnaper thought of.

Comment

They will use digital tracking against you in court if they suspect anything. Don't think that app is not collecting and storing all sorts of information on you.

Comment

Paper for me. Would be great to send my mld harvests in as soon as they occur.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                  Hmmmm, not so sure about that:

INSPECTION AUTHORITY: A game warden who observes a person engaged in an activity governed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code or reasonably believes that a person is or has been engaged in such an activity may inspect:
                  any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;

any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource;
                  any wildlife resource in the person's possession; and
                  the contents of any container or receptacle that is commonly used to store or conceal a wildlife resource.

If your license is on your phone, this seems to me to give GWs authority to look at your phone. Whether or not they can look at anything else on your phone, or even touch it, while looking at your license is a good question. Maybe a LEO or an attorney can chime in here.

Only if I give him the phone code to open it. I still enforce my own rights, whether they’re respected or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nay

Comment

Sounds like a trap! Somehow they'll be able to track my exact location through that app and blow my hunts up coming to check me!

Comment

Originally posted by PecanBuck View Post
                        I keep my license linked to my app and that's handy in case I forget my wallet (for non-tagging hunting or fishing)...but I worry about the requirement to have cell phone service and have your phone charged. Probably will stick with the paper license this year.
                        Same here, the warden needs to have a full charge phone with reception, west of Eldorado on the ranch zero cell coverage till I get to Ozona or Sonora and it might be 2-3-4 days till I get back to town, paper to hedge my chances of running into a A-Hole warden with a bad attitude

Comment

No thanks, I'll stick with the paper license.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                            Sorta the one big kicker that made me go, well then what’s the point?

Yeah this seems like a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              If they go all digital how can I go to Academy and get a re-print after I use all my tag...... I mean lose my wallet.
                              I’ve never had a situation happen where I needed to get a replacement license, but is it really that easy to get a re-print?

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                                If it's like Oklahoma, it is an easy way to do things and you don't have to worry about physically having your license if you change hunting bags, leave your wallet, etc... I may try it out this year.
                                Ya forgot about leaving your PHONE

Comment

Working...
                                X