Pasture herbicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pasture herbicide

What kind of herbicide is everyone spraying on cattle pastures? Have mostly used Grazon XL in the past, just looking for something a little cheaper, and reviews on weedar-64.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2-4D ought to get it done. I think it’s $70/2.5gal jug.

Comment

Watch for drift if your neighbors have crops using 2 4D thats stuff travels

Comment

Interested in this also
        How many gallons per acre?
        For mostly low grass/weeds and not too thick

Thanks

Comment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
            Watch for drift if your neighbors have crops using 2 4D thats stuff travels
            I have used 2-4D quite a bit instead of more expensive weed killers. Just make sure you get 2-4D amine and not 2-4D ester. The ester version is more prone to volotization. But it is also better on brush.

I have heard of people who were afraid of 2-4D , but used Grazon 2-4 D. The D in Grazon P+D stood for the 2-4D in it.

I do like Grazon P+D when rose hedge is involved. The picloram is great on rose hedge/

Comment

Duracor

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                I have used 2-4D quite a bit instead of more expensive weed killers. Just make sure you get 2-4D amine and not 2-4D ester. The ester version is more prone to volotization. But it is also better on brush.

I have heard of people who were afraid of 2-4D , but used Grazon 2-4 D. The D in Grazon P+D stood for the 2-4D in it.

I do like Grazon P+D when rose hedge is involved. The picloram is great on rose hedge/

He’s a farmer. He knows what chemicals do what [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remedy here with good success. I think you can find it off label as its generic name Tricolpyr.

Comment

I prefer metsulfuron in the trade name Clean Pasture.

Fanstastic stuff unless you want bahia grass. It will smoke bahia but thats what I like about it.

Comment

GrazoNext HL is one of the best. P+D is next in line. Generally, the brand name products have not increased in price like the generics have. Duracor is a newer one that we haven't used much but the benefit of it is it doesn't have 2-4,D in it.

Comment

2, 4D Amine is a cheap one. I also like Cimmeron Plus, Chaparral, Imazapic (Plateau), and Methsulfuron methyl (Ally, generic of Cimmeron).

Comment

Im dealing with a drift problem as we type so drift is all over my radar. With most all of the corn & cotton varieties being Liberty- roundup ready Tolerant its a beeeahhtch when An “operator Driver” doesn’t recognize baby grain sorgum across the turn row from the corn. Its just a modern disaster waiting to happen. 2 4 D is on everybodies drift radar from back in the day. Good communication with your neighbors is a must

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            Im dealing with a drift problem as we type so drift is all over my radar. With most all of the corn & cotton varieties being Liberty- roundup ready Tolerant its a beeeahhtch when An “operator Driver” doesn’t recognize baby grain sorgum across the turn row from the corn. Its just a modern disaster waiting to happen. 2 4 D is on everybodies drift radar from back in the day. Good communication with your neighbors is a must
                            And sticking to being educated about it. I dang sure would not use 2, 4D if I was next to any corn, cotton, grapes, tomatoes - even if the wind was blowing away from those crops. Vineyards are super susceptible, like cotton. I'm in a permitted county - must have a permit to spray 2 4D - and they told us last week that we need to map all of the crops within 5 miles of our spray zone.

Inversion with drift is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

Springtime in Texas wind shifts all the time every couple days, to stay safe, use the wind thats in your favor. Good way to stay out of a courtroom

Comment

Working...
                              X