Looking to upgrade my Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to upgrade my Camera

So I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i and am looking to upgrade. I like Canon so I want to stay with the same brand. What would be a good choice but not too crazy in the price range?
    I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

What do you consider "crazy in the price ranger?" Do you want a crop sensor or full frame Mirrorless or not?

I like my canon 90D and my R6. The Canon R is a great camera to get into the mirrorless game with

Comment

No idea what your price range is, but IMO there is not much better value to be had in the Canon ecosystem than the Canon R7 right now. The specs you get on that thing are insane for the price of $1500 brand new. But there are a lot more budget friendly options out there that will still be a significant upgrade from a T3i

Comment

I’m comfortable with something under $2000. I’ve thought about going with a mirrorless option. I already have several lens that I’ve used with EOS Rebel, would I have to buy new lens as well? I really appreciate your feedback and will look into the suggested options.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
          I’m comfortable with something under $2000. I’ve thought about going with a mirrorless option. I already have several lens that I’ve used with EOS Rebel, would I have to buy new lens as well? I really appreciate your feedback and will look into the suggested options.
          you will not need to buy new lenses but you would have to get the RF/EF adapter. I still use many of my EF lenses on my R6

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Comment

The R7 is really a solid option if you don’t need a full frame.

That’s coming from a non canon guy

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                you will not need to buy new lenses but you would have to get the RF/EF adapter. I still use many of my EF lenses on my R6
                The R6 is a full frame, if he is currently shooting with an apsc camera l, he may need to invest in lenses . The R7 may be the way to go. If it were me buy once cry once. Get the R6 with the adapter and buy some used lenses. I do have a 7d Mkii with the battery grip that I was thinking about selling. It’s hard to part with that camera.
                Last edited by jbr81900; 08-18-2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbr81900 View Post
                  The R6 is a full frame, if he is currently shooting with an apsc camera l, he may need to invest in lenses . The R7 may be the way to go. If it were me buy once cry once. Get the R6 with the adapter and buy some used lenses. I do have a 7d Mkii with the battery grip that I was thinking about selling. It’s hard to part with that camera.

Yeh, the 7Dmkii was my final Canon before switching brands and it was a hard one to let go.

Comment

Working...
                  X