Iowa Deer Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa Deer Hunt

Anyone been to Iowa and gone with an outfitter on a whitetail hunt?

Wife and I are going on vacation there and I’m thinking of taking 3-4 days to try and bag a nice buck.

If you have please shoot me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a tag? Iowa is a draw system and it typically takes years for a non-resident to draw a tag there. Unfortunately, you can’t just show up and hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
      Do you have a tag? Iowa is a draw system and it typically takes years for a non-resident to draw a tag there. Unfortunately, you can’t just show up and hunt.

Gotcha.... that solves my problem.... hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Iowa is about a 4-6 year out right now for a non resident tag

Comment

Depending on what part of Iowa you’re going to, you could cross over into Missouri and hunt with an OTC tag. I’m building points for Iowa, hopefully I will get there in the next 2-3 years.

Comment

You can also buy leftover shotgun, muzzleloader, and antlerless bow seasons off the site for specific regions.

Iowa for vacation in the fall / winter ?

Comment

Really depends on region and time of year. Plus if you get your draw for bow hunting.

Comment

You can draw Zone 5 (the most sought after non resident bow tag) with 4 points unless you are extremely unlucky.

4 people drew with three points = extremely lucky hunters [emoji16]

479 drew with 4 = normal for this year

Everyone with 5 or more drew = they had insurance points [emoji16]

We really don't know if any 4 point holders did not draw, but if so the percentage is very low.

There were 1178 archery tag applications in Zone 5. There were 560 tags awarded which was the quota for Zone 5.

If you can't read the chart try this link:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Arrowsmith; 08-14-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X