Watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends

Depends on which end. What I did coming out of the water barrel was use a PVC joint that screws into the bung. Hope this helps.

Comment

oh ok and what about that other thing that is in the 1/2 55 gal..

Comment

Funnel

I plan to cut a small hole in one end and then lean the 1/2 barrel towards it. On the underside of the hole I plan to attach a funnel and insert the end of the funnel into another hole in the top of each full barrel.

Comment

do you know what that part is called though...or where can i buy one?
          its the part thats on the side of the 1/2 55 gallon [that is on the ground] where the hose connects to.

Comment

Bungs

The 55 gallon barrels should come with 2 screw-in caps called bungs. In the center of the bung, if you look closely you'll see threads ending in a circle about the same size as a water hose. You have to punch this hole out so that the water runs into the pvc. I'd snap a picture if I were near one. Mayber next time.

Comment

sorry im to comfusing im talking about the part that is in the water trough

Comment

I was just gonna put an elbow into the trough and rely on the water pressure to stop the flow, but I'm hearing that I may need a float:

Originally posted by AggieHunter
                My thoughts are that I would probably put a low pressure float on them.

Comment

These are all Great Ideas guys!!

Comment

I have a question for those of you who are actually using this system with the 2 plastic drums one cut in half.

Approximately long will the water last in one of these.

Comment

Great ideas guys... I just bought a 250 gallon tote and saw a couple of neat ways to set them up. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Keep the ideas comin!!

Comment

sweet

Comment

great stuff, thx to all of you for the info.

Comment

x2

Comment

what is the device that is attached to animals water trough that the hose hooks into?

Comment

I believe it is the float system that stops the water from overflowing, like a toilet float. You shoould be able to get one at Home Depot, Lowes or Tractor Supply. You guys must be hunting where water and rainfall are scarce. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X