Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good..

Comment

Maybe try one of those headlight repair kits on the speedo plastic.

Comment

DS.......................Outstanding............Co ngrats! Looking forward to the progress

Comment

i have an 80 model. if you ever need parts their is a salvage yard in alvarado, south of fort worth, called charlies. he has acres covered in these trucks.

Comment

That's an awesome truck

Comment

love those old step sides

Comment

Subscribed ..... Love those old chevys

Comment

Yea im in too !!!!

Comment

So the time I will spend on the truck today will be installing a new carb and seeing if she'll start.
                    I think I decided to hold off ordering all interior at one time. The further I strip this thing the more I want to do. So I am going to break it into phases for the interior so I don't miss addressing anything.
                    Went with an edelbrock carb because tune ability. Those quadrajet a kick my arse. So I will probably be selling a rebuilt q jet soon.

Comment

New carb
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357826914.104921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24158001
                      Also maybe this weekend I will do some pretty cool things I learned that anybody can do at home to spruce up the inside of your rig.
                      Hint: involves droopy headliner and faded seat belts. Low cost ways to address them.
                      Last edited by Sparkles; 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

You will like that carb....It's basically a Carter AFB...

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          You will like that carb....It's basically a Carter AFB...
                          Oh cool I didn't know that. I wanted to put an AFB on my jeep CJ7 so bad and never did.

Comment

You know that there are some super inexpensive EFI systems out there right? Way better on fuel and start easier hot or cold. Not against a Carb, But its not a DOMINATOR. lol

Almost Any Bench seat from a Chevy can be mad to fit nicely in that cab.

Are you gonna get some a/c going for it?

If so.... Do a serpentine belt swap from a Vortec or even the Chevy TBI Motor. All the same any 4.3, 5.0, 5.7L engine brackets will bolt right up Just get it from a wrecking yard clean it up and install. Some wiring for alternator, and some hoses for A/C will need to be made (hose fast inc.) That old school compressor has a lot left to be desired and not very available. Super simple and very cheap to do.

Done a few of those builds Contact if you wanna pick.

Comment

Sweet Truck

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
                                You know that there are some super inexpensive EFI systems out there right? Way better on fuel and start easier hot or cold. Not against a Carb, But its not a DOMINATOR. lol

Almost Any Bench seat from a Chevy can be mad to fit nicely in that cab.

Are you gonna get some a/c going for it?

If so.... Do a serpentine belt swap from a Vortec or even the Chevy TBI Motor. All the same any 4.3, 5.0, 5.7L engine brackets will bolt right up Just get it from a wrecking yard clean it up and install. Some wiring for alternator, and some hoses for A/C will need to be made (hose fast inc.) That old school compressor has a lot left to be desired and not very available. Super simple and very cheap to do.

Done a few of those builds Contact if you wanna pick.
                                Already has AC. Going to try and work with whats there. I thought about a TBI conversion but don't think I will do it. I do think I am going to do a four wheel disk conversion though. At least front.
                                Carb is about done but I need some stupid throttle cable adapter bracket. Should be in by 3
                                Last edited by Sparkles; 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X